They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Mike

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Mike

Postby mike » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm a big fan of anything Ron is involved in, and have known him (online) for years.

I've been a user of Ph Elements since ver1, and have recently moved to CS2, and love using it.

Although I'm not currently a user of Premiere Elements, I intend to move to it.
mike
New User
New User

Postby Wheat King » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:56 pm

Welcome Mike! :cool:
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby mike » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:03 pm

Ahh, another Canadian!
Wish our "team" was as good as the Senators!
Thanks for the welcome!
mike
New User
New User

Postby Wheat King » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:10 pm

I htink the Canucks look pretty good. Amazing deal to get Luongo. He'll make that team good for years.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:19 pm

Welcome Mike, good to know that Ron has friends :)

I grew up in Chicago when guys like Bobby Orr, Bobby and Dennis Hull, and Stan Mikita where playing hockey. We used to play all winter long, they would flood the tennis courts in our neighborhood, loved the game.

I moved to Minnesota in 1980 and lived there for 20 years. Got to see the NorthStars play a few times, even in 1991 when they were in the playoffs. After the NorthStars were sold to Texas I gave up on Hockey :(
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:07 pm

Have lots of similar memories Chuck, pond hockey, street hockey... used to spend whole days outside with my three brothers and whoever else was around.

The Atlanta Thrashers look like they might make the playoffs if they can hold on to their spot. Highly recommend taking in a playoff game if you can. Nothing like playoff hockey. Marian Hossa was a fan favorite around here until he was traded for Dany Heatley. Trade worked out for both teams. Two amazing talents!
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby mike » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:31 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:Welcome Mike, good to know that Ron has friends :)

A good online pal here, including business interests!

Chuck Engels wrote:I grew up in Chicago when guys like Bobby Orr, Bobby and Dennis Hull, and Stan Mikita where playing hockey. We used to play all winter long, they would flood the tennis courts in our neighborhood, loved the game.

I moved to Minnesota in 1980 and lived there for 20 years. Got to see the NorthStars play a few times, even in 1991 when they were in the playoffs. After the NorthStars were sold to Texas I gave up on Hockey :(

I grew up in Montreal and was there during the Canadians "5 in a row years"! It was a fantastic time to love hockey! Sounds like we were all enjoying the sport both on the rink, and on the TV during the same years...
mike
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:49 pm

Wow Mike those flip albums are great, we need a good link to those and you can tell Ron I said so :)

Can you tell us a little more about what you do please :!: :?:
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mike » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:50 am

Chuck Engels wrote:Wow Mike those flip albums are great, we need a good link to those and you can tell Ron I said so :)

Can you tell us a little more about what you do please :!: :?:

Yes, I sure can!! LOL

I work with FlipAlbum software from EBookSystems. I've been using the software for several versions (several years), and I found a niche in creating "Themes" that you might use to show off your images. Much like the DVD Templates I see for sale on here on muvipix, I work with images that will "set the mood" for your Page Turning FlipAlbum Photo Presentation.

I use Photoshop to create the themes, which vary from Wedding Themes to Camping Themes to silly themes like: "Car Wash". It's all great fun and I love the software. It even supports video! (that's part of why I'm here, I have so much to learn about making and using video!)

Ron and I own and operate a website for a unique product that FlipAlbum users love called: XFLIP

I have two websites dedicated to FlipAlbum products.
The first is: Mikes Flip Themes which is all about the graphic elements I supply for use with FlipAlbum,
and the second is: Mikes Digital Memories which discusses ideas on how to use FlipAlbum in a variety of ways.

Thanks much for the invitation to post my own little plug! I appreciate it! LOL
mike
New User
New User

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:43 am

Chuck Engels wrote:Wow Mike those flip albums are great, we need a good link to those and you can tell Ron I said so :)

The link has been there since yesterday (Sunday) morning :)

I can show some pretty neat FlipAlbums as well (including video being part of the Album and converting to video). But, we'll save that for later :-
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:13 pm

You guys really need to promote this stuff here, especially for the Photoshop Elements users. Everyone loves the flipbook stuff for slideshows sometimes, very cool.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Introductions