They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hello

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Hello

Postby DoloresL » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Howdy! Just wanted to post a short introduction. I'm a 50+ grandmother in Denver, Colorado just really getting started this summer with using Photoshop Elements 8 and, in the last couple of days, Premiere Elements 8. I bought an older version of Photoshop Elements a few years back but never really gave it much of a try. However, now that I have, I've fallen in love with it and would also like to get my feet wet with making videos.

We have a camcorder around here somewhere that I bought my husband about two years ago but that he never really latched onto. Now that I've learned that we probably can import video we make with it into Premiere Elements, I think it will actually finally get some use! We also have some old VHS tapes laying around from 20 years ago or so that we made with a rented video camera. My daughter and I also have some video clips we've done with our regular cameras, and tons and tons of pictures!

I'm very excited about learning to use both of these programs as much as I possibly can and tapping into my creative side. I'm using a 4 1/2 year old Gateway laptop that has 2 gigabytes of RAM and have all my photos and video clips stored on a network drive (and backed up on the Adobe site). I'm a bit leery about the laptop's capabilities, but so far haven't crashed Premiere Elements too many times while horsing around making a couple of instant movies the last few days. I'm just taking things really slow, not running much other stuff at the same time, and reminding myself to be patient! Hopefully I'll be able to afford a better system some time in the near future.

I look forward to diving into the website and the forum and learning lots of great new stuff. Hopefully I won't inundate you all with lots of very basic questions!
DoloresL
New User
New User

Re: Hello

Postby Peru » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:04 am

:meet:
Don't be afraid to ask "lots of very basic questions". We all have to begin somewhere, and sometimes the hardest part is trying to do simple stuff the first time.

There is a lot of great information here. Don't forget to check out the free section. Even though some things are for other versions of Premiere Elements, they may apply to your version.

And of course there are some of the most knowledgeable folks here who enjoy sharing their expertise.
Peru

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:43 am

.....and a big 'Welcome to Muvipix' from me, too. If you're stuck on anything then just ask. As Peru says, we were all beginners once so no question is ever too naive. :meet:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Ron » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:53 am

Welcome Dolores and thanks much for your subscription! You will soon realize that this is the most friendliest place on the planet!

:wcm: ::wav::
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:30 am

Great to have you aboard, Delores -- and thanks for helping support the Muvipix mission! You'll find lots of helpful, friendly people here.

BTW, you may also be surprised to find out your age puts you just about in the mean for our members and friends. Chuck, Ron and I (who founded Muvipix) are your age, and our membership ranges from the very young to the very mature.

So don't be at all shy about asking for help. We're a community, after all! Welcome!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:28 am

Welcome Dolores! Wow, your introduction reads like mine 3 1/2 years ago when I was getting started! I lived in Denver at one time too.

The tutorials here are wonderful. Be sure to watch them all even if you know how to do that effect because just watching someone move around the PrEl workspace will help you pick up other tips.

The one thing that really helped me get started was to have a practice project and try out the different effects and look at all of the features in the different panels. I would watch a tutorial and then try it out in the practice project.

Welcome! :wcm:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:11 am

Hi Delores, a very huge welcome to Muvipix :meet:

I'm sure you will find that

:::muvipix:::

and also the friendliest :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bobby » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:56 am

Ditto! Welcome Delores!
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby DoloresL » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:22 am

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful warm welcome! I've started looking through the tutorials and can't wait to have some free time to start on some small test projects. I've also browsed a bit through the Gallery and was so inspired (and awe-struck) by the videos I watched. Such amazing work. I'm very happy to be here!

:-D
DoloresL
New User
New User

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Belated welcome Dolores. This truly is a friendly and supportive site. All the best as you move forward in your movie making career. Warning, it is addictive.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:32 pm

And potentially expensive! More power. More power! MORE POWER!!! Welcome Delores. :)
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby hpharley90 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:13 pm

:wcm: :meet:

DoloresL wrote:I'm a 50+

I remember when I thought that was an old age.
Not any more!! :lol: :lol:
Thanks
Richard

Dell XPS 8940-10th Gen i7-10700 processor (8-core,16M Cache. 2.9GHz)
48GB 3200MHz RAM Windows 10
hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Introductions