They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hellooooo!

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Hellooooo!

Postby kmeillier » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:05 am

Hi,
My name is Kim and i'm from Rochester, MN. I just purchased Premiere Elements 7, and tried to slap together a slideshow of my daughters softball team pictures using the instant movie. I did get a slideshow to play at the party, but I was not very happy with it, even though the girls loved it! I had used instant movie and it didn't use all of my pictures that I had wanted (only 142). Anyways, when I came home I started searching for books/tutorials and came across your site!! I am wondering what book is the best to get when trying to learn Premeire Elements? Or am I better off, at this point, purchasing the tutorial membership? I am thrilled at what I have learned just reading the posts and looking forward to learning more...Thank you!!!!!

Kim
kmeillier
New User
New User

Re: Hellooooo!

Postby momoffduty » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:44 am

Welcome Kim to Muvipix! The best way to learn the program is both the books and the tutorials. The tutorials helped me to see someone navigate the program. And the books helped with an overall understanding of editing and used mostly as a reference after I read it all the way thru. Steve's new book is very good on PrEl and sure the Photoshop addition to the book is equally as good. The Premiere Elements in a Snap book is still a must have even though it was written for version 2 the concepts and how tos are the same.

Welcome!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bobby » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi Kim - Welcome!

I think you may find that you actually don't use all of the facilities of PRE7. We all tend to do the standard type of stuff that each of us does individually, and only those of us who work more professionally tend to stray out of their "box" - hey, don't comment - I know there are exceptions!

So I recommend that you dive in - design a project in your mind and start making it happen. We are here to help, so if you hit a block, give us a buzz.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi Kim,
Welcome again, thanks for posting in the Introductions forum :TU:

Some of the members are having a little get together in Bloomington, maybe you can drive up for the meeting (there's going to be a free lunch).

Anyway, let's see if you win the free books we are giving away, they would be a good start.
The learning membership is only $25 for 3 months, well worth the price. I can guarantee the price is going up in the next month or two so now would be a good time while the price is so low. More tutorials coming out in August too.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Welcome, Kim! You've come to the right place for help, support and new friends!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ron » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:20 pm

Welcome, Kim! :meet:
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin