They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Norm K

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Norm K

Postby nkummer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi,
I?m Norm and live Ottawa, Canada. I work in hi-tech and video editing is a new hobby for me. Last year I got a nice new machine with a great ATI-AIW card (it also came with PS4 and PE2) so I thought I was all set to finally take all those vacation videos and to turn them in a memory my wife and I could watch and joy.

Well after a frustrating month I threw everything in the corner since nothing I did to capture the video made it look correct. After many months my wife once again asked when I was finally going to start putting the tapes on DVD (note to self, be careful how I justify new computer to her, she may actually take me up on the project). So once again I started all over, but this time I followed the Adobe forum for months and read everything I could. I now know more about the technical side of video than I ever wanted to know :D . The only really important things I did learn were that I wasted money on the AIW card and to buy a Canopus AVDC 110, which arrived a few weeks ago.

I have now captured my first trip and I am in the process of editing it. Along with that I have scanned in all the photos from the trip so I hope to make a true great video.

Anyway, many people on the Adobe forum, most of whom I expect to now find here, have helped me quite a bit. Most of you don?t know it since often you responded to some else, but the answer certainly helped me. I find PE2 a great package, but without the tutorials it is very hard to get to know the details and finer points of the software. I?m looking forward to learning enough to produce video as good as some of you; which I must admit, seeing some of the video you have produced, is quite amazing.

So thanks everybody for your help.
Norm
nkummer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Hey Norm,

I'm from Ottawa too! Love this city! Sens? Leafs?, Habs? or none of the above?

Anyway, if you're anything but a sens fan... well... nobody's perfect.... :wink:

Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby nkummer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:28 pm

Funny, I had the following in my post originally just to bug you, but then took it out.

"Go Habs Go (I was born in Montreal)" :P

Ya I love this town too. Where else can you live the east end and work in the west, and still only have a 25 minute commute.
Norm
nkummer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:36 pm

nkummer wrote:
"Go Habs Go (I was born in Montreal)" :P

My wife is a habs fan... but I think I've been rubbing off on her a bit. I caught her cheering when Comrie scored that shootout winner last night!

Ya I love this town too. Where else can you live the east end and work in the west, and still only have a 25 minute commute.
Norm

Nice! I've got a pretty good commute too only 20 minutes in traffic.
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:35 pm

Let's all sing Oh Canada! In the Chat Room there is a Canadian flag smiley :) We need those over here.

Norm, a very big welcome EH!
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:57 pm

I missed the chat... I was playing hockey tonight (go figure), but I definitly going to check it out somtime
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby nkummer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:32 am

I missed the chat too because I forgot about it. We need some place that it shows when the next chart is going to (or likley to) take place. I saw a post somehwere that mentioned the nights Chuck was going to be available, but ideally it should be somewhere more permenant, like a line in the "chat" section of the page.
Norm
nkummer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:18 am

We are going to set a schedule for Steve, Ron and me to be in the Chat rooms and post it somewhere. That is on the 'To Do' list ;)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Introductions