They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

bbooks

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

bbooks

Postby bbooks » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:25 am

Greetings. Nice to be here. I'm just starting to get involved.

I'm an at-home mom in Iowa. I'm in the process of getting a very small home business off the ground (to help pay for my daughter's school tuition). It started out to be focused on scanning photos for archival purposes, but after creating a DVD slide show with PE 3.0 for my parent's 50th Wedding Anniversay, I'm moving in some other directions. I have a friend who does productions in various media, and we're trying out a business relationship in which I can do small editing jobs for him.

I've enjoyed learning the video editing. I've been learning a lot from the Adobe forum, Chuck Engel's site, and the PE In a Snap book.

I volunteered to create a promotional video for my daughter's school. I thought I would put it up in the gallery for some feedback, but it's too big. When it's up on the school web site, I will post again and ask for some feedback.

I'm looking forward to learning more from you all.

Sue
bbooks

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:49 am

Welcome Sue, we are all very happy to have you join us !

I was always told 'The best thing to come out of Iowa was I-35' (the Minnesota people will understand), now I know different :)

Seriously, I love Iowa. Spent some time traveling through the state a few times a year back in the 80's and 90's, beautiful country. Attended a few concerts in Ames, always had a great time.

Can't wait to see what you've done!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bbooks » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:56 am

Ha, ha! Yes, I've heard that one before. Lately I've been living the reality of the Iowan who runs the furnace for part of the day and the AC for another part. I grew up here, moved to Colorado for a long time, got smart, and returned - but not for the weather! ;)

Thanks for the greeting, Chuck.

Sue
bbooks

Postby Rockdoc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:18 pm

Welcome from another at-home mom!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Cinde » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:27 pm

Welcome Sue. We have a bit in common. I'm starting a work from home job doing memorial videos.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby bbooks » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:30 am

Thanks for the welcome, ladies! :-D
bbooks

Postby Maxine370 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:37 am

Hi Sue,

We have much in common. I too am a SAHM with a 3 1/2 year old in a expensive preschool (expensive is the only kind in NYC) and a 1 1/2 year old (both boys). I left my job in marketing after Isaac was born (other one is Noah) to focus on them and my growing video editing business (which pays for the school).

I do video photo albums and home movie video editing and I've been asked to even do some wedding videos (not the filming just the editing). I love the projects I get to do and each one helps me hone my skills even more.

Let me add that this forum (and previously the Adobe Forum) has been sooooo helpful and even a lifesaver at times. From the tech support to the inspiration from Chuck, Steve, Ron and all the members too many to mention. You couldn't have found a better support system.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. If you need any advice as a video editor or a mom don;t hesitate.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby bbooks » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:11 am

Well, yes, we do have a lot in common. My kids are older now: 13 and 16. Do you find that your previous life in marketing has helped with your business? I have made quite the departure. I used to work as a health care professional. It's been great fun to get into something that is allowing me to feed my creative side now.
bbooks

Postby momoffduty » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:57 pm

Welcome Sue, I couldn't live without my PE in a Snap book. This forum is great too. I have lived in Iowa (9months) and Colorado (7 years). From what I remember the people in Iowa were warm and welcoming. Do miss the camping in the mountains of Colorado tho. Also lived a few years in Ohio. We are now in St. Louis and it is the same here..furnace 1/2 day and AC 1/2 day. I have a 16yo too, they are fun.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Introductions