They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Bill

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Bill

Postby William Tranter » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:10 pm

My name is Bill Tranter (OK, I'm really William, but NOBODY calls me that!), and I was born in Sydney, Australia, way back in 1945. Came to England in 1974 after travelling through the Far and Middle East, bought a Mini and drove all round England, Wales and Scotland before driving all around Europe, including (the then) Czechoslovakia. Loved Switzerland more than any other country as it was the ONE country in which I was not disappointed in any way (a possibly strange way of 'rating' a country, but even Scandinavia disappointed a bit).
Eventually began running short of money (as you do!), so had to get a job, but I was a skilled typesetter so was snapped up by Courier Press in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
Met my wife Maisie (who is a Birmingham girl through and through) after a researcher into the Tranter Patented Revolver discovered that I am the last direct descendant of the gunmaker (who is my great-great-grandfather), and we married in 1986 and moved to the little village of Harbury, about six miles out of Leamington Spa.
My hobbies are model engineering, photography and computing, which was just as well when Courier Press was bought out and sold off, and I was offered the job of Editor of a model engineering magazine, "Engineering In Miniature", of which there are thousands of readers in the US as well as all around the world. I am now retired and doing lots of caravanning holidays in Britain and Europe, giving me lots of opportunities to make videos.
In the early 1990s I took up a video camera for the first time (a Canon 8mm, then a Sony VX1 Hi8 model), and used Pinnacle's Studio 7 as my NLE. It was very unstable, and I then moved on to Let's Edit, and finally to Premiere Elements v.1, which I still use on my home computer.
The wonders of NLE are still being discovered, though I have acquired a much better camcorder, a Sony TRV950, while Maisie uses a Sony TRV480 (a Digital8 model).
After producing my videos, I 'archive' everything to digital8 tape as I have a Digital8 v.c.r. (a Sony GVD800) so that I can still play my 8mm and Hi8 tapes. Everything, of course, goes on to DVD for easy playing to the many people who don't all go to sleep during my holiday movies (this is still an amazement to me!).
Always willing to try something different, though some aspects of Premiere Elements are still a mystery, especially some of the Effects (which don't appear to do anything) and some of the Colour Effects in the Titler (which also don't appear to do anything!). I'll just HAVE to get "Premiere Elements in a Snap"!
All the very best,
Bill
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby happy2bapappy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:26 pm

Hi Bill,

'love your introductions. :)
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bill

Postby Cinde » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:35 pm

William Tranter wrote: Always willing to try something different... I'll just HAVE to get "Premiere Elements in a Snap"!

Hi Bill, and welcome.

You can't go wrong with "Premier Elements In A Snap." It does just what the title says. If you are stuck on one thing you can find it in the index and study just that part and be unstuck "In A Snap." I can't begin to tell you how many times things finally started falling in place for me when I started reading the book rather than trying the trial and error method.

And you couldn't have found a better forum. After all "THE" experts are right here to help us over those little hurdles that sometimes hang us up.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby William Tranter » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:05 am

Thanks, Cinde and John. I have been a member of the Premiere Elements forum on the Adobe website for several years now, and I have always found that all the members are very helpful and welcoming. I've only just 'discovered' the Muvipix website after it was advertised at the start-up screen of Chuck Engels, who together with Steve Grisetti, are the masters of Premiere Elements by a long way, and I am looking forward to receiving their book in a few days.
Glad you like my work, and if you want to see some more of my introductions, etc, have a look on Chuck Engels' website which is
http://www.chuckengels.com
He will be very glad to welcome you to his page, I'm sure!
All the best,
Bill
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:30 am

Very happy to have you helping us out over here Bill :) Us old timers have to stick together you know.

Back in the old days, when I would upload the files for everyone, Bill was a regular contributor to chuckengels.com
http://www.chuckengels.com/PremierVideo ... liamt.html

There are many videos if some of you have not had the opportunity to check out the site http://www.chuckengels.com/PremierVideo/index.html

Thanks for all of your help Bill, we appreciate it !
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Introductions