They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hello muvipix! theOZer Here.

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Hello muvipix! theOZer Here.

Postby theOZer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:51 am

I recently got my very own copy of the Steve Grisetti tome "The Muvipix Guide to Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13" through Amazon.

I truly hope to start showing a noticeable improvement in my amateur videos. I am quickly learning reading Steve's book.

If you care to have an oogle please see my videos on my YouTube channel: 'theOZer Style'

I have bee vidz, or watch my faux series "Immobile Crow."

Best to All, Dennis "theOZer" Osborne
120V 4-slot toaster running Windows 11 Home Edition
theOZer

Re: Hello muvipix! theOZer Here.

Postby momoffduty » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:47 pm

Welcome Dennis to Muvipix! Quite a collection of videos on your channel. What type of camera are you using? How do you like the Sony Movie Studio? Steve's books are the best for learning any program. Good choice! :-D

The forum users are mostly hobbyist of different editing journeys. Watch out you may end buying more gear. :mrgreen:

You can embed a video after a few posts. We have a Showcase section.

:wcm:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby theOZer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Thank you kindly for the welcome, momoffduty.
My love of bees initially got me into making videos. My first YouTube video "Love Bees" was shot at 720p using a SONY PS3 Gaming Console and Sony PS3 EYE Camera.
Wanting to make better bee vidz I got a Sony Handycam, and now I have two of them: HDR-CX240 and HDR-PJ440.
Sony supplied-free PlayMemories Home video downloader and editor software works quite well but I wanted to ramped up my editor.
I have now been using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 since March 24, 21015. I got Steve's book on Movie Studio Platinum 13 April 6, 2015, and find I am quickly absorbing what Steve has written.
Moz, my wife, also a film buff got us both the software bundle Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 13, which I look forward to using, if not replacing Sony's package as my primary video editing package. We will see. I fully plan on getting Steve's new book that features both Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 13.
I plan to continue to make bed videos. This coming Saturday, April 25, 2015, I will be setting up a new beehive with bees, the process is called "bonking your bees." And, yes I will be filming it, using both handycams.
Immobile Crow faus series is fun to 'try to make,' but I realize I could so do better, and with Steve's book in hand, forward I go.
I have plans to incorporate into my bee videos filming beehive internal cavity inspection using a digital endoscope borescope I just got.
I also am getting into aerial photography, using a Syma x5C-1 QuadCopter Drone I just got.
I plan on making a faux series called 'Aquarium id' featuring ASMR related videos, by utilizing the power-positive effects of Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR). ASMR is Good for You.

Love Bees, Dennis "theOZer" Osborne
P.S. I beefed up my signature, noting my cameras and video editing software.
theOZer

Postby momoffduty » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:03 pm

Wow, lots of projects and new software. You definitely have the video bug. :cool: The internal bee video sounds interesting. Good that you have Steve's other books too. It is helpful too to know a forum user's equipment & software to answer any questions.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Welcome Dennis :meet:

:::muvipix:::

You've come to the right place :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby theOZer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:40 am

Cheryl, Chuck,
I am truly humbled by your replies. Thank you.
Moz, my wife, and I are gearing up to do vidz. Moz will be solely using Adobe Premiere Elements 13 with her recently acquired Dell Inspiron 17 5749 laptop. I will be using as my primary video editor Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13, as I learn to come up to speed with Adobe Premiere Elements 13.
And, yes, I did just this morning order through Amazon Steve's book that deals with both Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13. Yay.
I soon expect Moz, my wife, to come on board here at muvipix. She, too, is excited about this forum, this web site, Steve Grisetti, and I am sure, Cheryl and Chuck, you will both find Moz 'worth the read' in the forums. We will see. (We use to run a forum using vBulletin software.)
Love Bees, theOZer
[NOTE: On a humorous note both 'muvipix' and 'Grisetti' get tagged here as possible misspelled words.
I also have come across typos, two so far, in Steve's Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 book. I'll let Steve know about them,]
theOZer

Return to Introductions