They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hey Everyone!

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Hey Everyone!

Postby Lammy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:07 am

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not but I wanted to say hello to everyone....especially Steve & Chuck! I am back to using Premiere Elements after a rather long leave from using the program (been away since PE2). I gotta say, I referred to the book you two wrote for PE2 numerous times....so much so I it paid for itself 100x's!

The only big change (outside updating to PE10 obviously) is the fact I'm switched from using a Dell XPS 400 to a iMac i7. I will have to admit....I was leaning pretty heavily on going with FCP X up until I did some research and saw that PE10 had just been released and that it was running as strong as ever accordion got reviews. However there was one "sad" moment tonight.....Like I said...I was loving everything about my experience so far until I logged on here tonight for the first time (well technically not since I set up an account somewhere along the line with this site....when....no idea) and read that PE10 on the Mac does not offer the green screen effect. However, the blow was somewhat softened knowing that I can turn to iMovie '11 for that option when needed. By chance will there be a patch/upgrade released for this or perhaps there already is and I'm just not in the loop yet? Also....I read that there is more effects and so forth on the PC....any chance those get added to the Mac version as well?

Outside of the development changes in software, I think the same concepts apply that were present in PE2. Keyframing seems to be the focal point still and once I work out the "newness" I think I'll be fine and will even hope to enter one of the video contest if the opportunity presents itself. Again Steve & Chuck...it's great to still see you two working together and sharing your knowledge. I know I appreciated it five or six years ago and I'll continue to do so. I want to say that the forum I would visit then was through Adobe but I could be mistaken???

Thanks for hearing me out and I'm excited to get back into the swing of things!
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gigs RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2 MB graphics card, 2 TB SATA (interal) + 1 TB (external) drives, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2. Also, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, 2 gigs RAM,
Lammy
New User
New User

Re: Hey Everyone!

Postby Lammy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:12 am

Just to show how long it has been.....the book I purchased from Chuck & Steve is still for sale on Amazon......new for $.75 and used for as low as $.01!

I still remember reading that book in my classroom!
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gigs RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2 MB graphics card, 2 TB SATA (interal) + 1 TB (external) drives, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2. Also, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, 2 gigs RAM,
Lammy
New User
New User

Postby Paul LS » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:49 am

A warm welcome to Muvipix Lammy... :wcm:

Looking forward to seeing some examples of your work in the Gallery. :-D
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:07 am

Our books are selling for less than $1??!

Looks like no big royalty checks for Chuck and me this Christmas season!

Welcome aboard regardless, Lammy! And thanks for supporting our books.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:37 am

Welcome to Muvipix Lammy :wcm:

Thanks for the very kind words about the book, Steve has continued to write new ones so there is an excellent book for version 10 :)

Yes, it would have been the Adobe forum back then, those were good times. Muvipix will be 5 years old in February, time sure does fly.

I'm sure that Adobe has plans to make the Mac version of Premiere Elements the same as the PC version eventually.
They have only had a Mac version since V9 so it is still pretty new. I would expect that by version 11 or 12 they should have things in order, don't know for sure but that would be my guess.

Yes, keyframing is still the 'key' and the timeline hasn't changed at all. Much of what you did in V2 will still apply and look pretty much the same in V10.

Thanks for dropping by and hope you enjoy your time here at Muvipix and Premiere Elements 10 :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:48 am

Welcome Lammy! Good to have you. :meet:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:21 am

Welcome Lammy to Muvipix! Looking forward to viewing your projects.
:wcm:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Ron » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Welcome (back!), Lammy!

:wcm:
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introductions