They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Announcing the Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 8!

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

Announcing the Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 8!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:44 am

Here's how to use all of the tools in the latest version of this amazing program to create videos that are as much fun to make as they are to watch!

From the basics of video editing with Premiere Elements, like capturing your media and building a timeline, to advanced functions, like creating customized effects, he’ll show you:

- How to use all the new tools in version 8, including Motion Tracking, the Effects Mask and the new Add Media functions.
- How to use the new Smart Trim and Smart Mixer features.
- The advantages, and the challenges, of the new Background Rendering, Auto Enhance and Auto Analyzer tools.
- How to take advantage of Premiere Elements 8’s new full-featured Organizer and links to Photoshop.com.
- How to use themes, effects, transitions, titles and music to make your home videos look like Hollywood features!
- The wealth of tools available in not-so-obvious places.
- The magic of keyframing, Premiere Elements’ most versatile and powerful tool for creating motion paths and special effects.
- How to use the tools in Premiere Elements to create and customize great-looking menus for your DVDs and BluRay discs.

Click the image for a sneak peek.

Available now at the Muvipix Store.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Announcing the Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 8!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:30 am

By the way, as a marketing experiment, this book will be available in both a black & white ($24.95) and color ($39.95) version.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Barb O » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:16 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:By the way, as a marketing experiment, this book will be available in both a black & white ($24.95) and color ($39.95) version.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I look forward to the color images in the book.

Any estimates of when the book will be available?
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:20 pm

It's available now Barb
http://astore.amazon.com/chuckengelsco- ... 1448683289

We will also have links available on our Resources page in the next few days.
But for now anyone can just use this link or go to the Muvipix Store at chuckengels.com
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Clayton » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:27 am

Will you be doing a combo book for PSE8 and PRE8?
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks for asking! I'm working on it now!

I hope to have it out, at the latest, by mid-November.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby chooks » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Bummer,
I ordered a copy from amazon back in september, and it isnt due to arrive until November. I am a bit upset to find out there is a colour version for just over $5 more (I didn't realise there was a colour version when I ordered the book, which I would have much preferred being a visual person). :(

I think I will have to try and order another copy (in colour), and give the b&w copy away as a pressie :)
chooks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby chooks » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Okay, this is getting confusing,
I have ordered the guide to PE7, which is only available in b&w? and there is a new edition out that has the same front cover slightly modified for version 8 of PE which is available in b&w or colour? Just trying to get my head around it :???:
chooks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:41 am

Sorry for the confusion, Chooks!

There is only a black & white guide to version 7 as well as a black & white combined Photo/Premiere Elements 7.

But there is both a black & white and a color version of the version 8 book (with a very similar-looking cover).

As I write this, Amazon is offering a great deal on the color version 8 book. It's only a few dollars more than black & white book. But that price will soon go back to $39.95 -- the minimum needed to justify the production costs of color.

(At present, we're not able to produce a book as large as the combined book in color. So the combined Photo/Premiere Elements 8 book, currently in the works, will also be in black & white.)

Does that help?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby chooks » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks Steve,
It makes perfect sense now :) Really looking forward to getting a copy :)
chooks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby MistyTara » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:08 pm

Steve, I'm trying to decide which video editor to buy and I'm hoping with your knowledge you can help me. I am editing old home movies. There are two things I would really like to do, and would like to know if Premier Elements 8 can do it.First, I want to zoom in on a face, capture it and frame it or put in an object (bubble for example) move it across screeen. Pinnacle does this in their Creative Packs. In the winter pak, the picture goes on a rotating ornament for the tree. In Wedding Vol II, it does it differently, like it is part of the transition, It captures the picture in frames and objects and they move across screen blending into the next screen. I also want to do a montage like you can do in photo programs, 3 ideally, placed where you want them with faded edges, but done with video and or stills, while intermittendly changing the 3 videos or pics. Not in a split screen or squares. Can PE8 do it? If it can, I'll buy your book and the program :yh: Oh will your book teach me enough to enable me to figure out the rest #-o Thank you, Barbara
MistyTara
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:23 am

Hello Barbara. As you have directed your questions to Steve I'll leave it to him to respond. Meanwhile let me welcome you to Muvipix. :meet:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:06 am

Hi, Misty. Welcome to Muvipix!

Yes, Premiere Elements absolutely can do those kinds of tricks! It may take a bit of work and imagination, but it's certainly possible. In fact, there are probably a half dozen ways to do each trick!

If you'd like some suggestions for pulling off some of these cool tricks, I recommend you post in one of the Premiere Elements forums rather than tagging onto this thread.

You may also want to check out some of our past contest winners in our Gallery. Our people have come up with some pretty clever ways to play with their video!

Here are the great entries in our most recent contest.
http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/videos200 ... ontest.swf
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:33 am

Just to be fair however, they aren't as easy to do as in Pinnacle or a couple other products.
Some of the other editing software have a simple drag and drop and you have your photo on a spinning ornament.
It would take hours to do that with Premiere Elements if you have a spinning ornament background to start with, which Premiere Elements doesn't have.

So to be perfectly honest, you would probably be happier with something more automated. Premiere Elements gives you much more control and a lot more functionality. But it doesn't do all the cute automated things that some of the others do ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby MistyTara » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:39 pm

I was so excited when Steve it absolutely could do these effects. Gives me hope. Chuck thanks for your input, which makes me want to ask, what other programs allow me to put my pic on a spinning top? I'm trying out a few and asked in the forums no specific answers yet other than they believe it can be done. As I mentioned Pinnacle can, but only on their pre-programmed things, which is often the trouble with the automated. Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks Guys!
MistyTara
New User
New User

Next

Return to Announcements