They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

New Product for Muvipix

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

New Product for Muvipix

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:36 am

I am working on something new that will hopefully be added to our products section next month.

"Memories of the Year ..."

My first one will be 'Memories of the Year 1960' because folks born in that year will be 50 in 2010, good time to start on the 50th Birthday video :)

I am looking for some graphics of the period, if anyone has something or some ideas please let me know.
Remember, this is not the hippie 60's, this is the jukebox, Elvis, black leather jacket and drive in theater part of the 60's.
The Beatles hadn't even come onto the scene yet.

This will be a zip file full of titles with facts about the year, what happened in movies, music and tv.
How much the price of milk, gas, housing, and things like that cost. Advertisements, maybe a few tv commercials that are in the public domain.
Should be a fun offering, the first edition will be added to the Free Stuff and if the response is good we will add another year every couple of months :)

Would appreciate any ideas and help from the community :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: New Product for Muvipix

Postby Wheat King » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:12 pm

THAT is a brilliant idea!

Here's a 60's slang website that would be great for some title's

http://cougartown.com/slang.html

That;s all I got for now I gotta "bug out" :mrgreen:
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:19 pm

Thanks Jamal, that is a great link.
Some of those will make really 'nifty' titles :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cdeemer » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 pm

How large is your focus? The Berlin Wall went up in 1961, a very big deal, esp for a young Russian linguist in the Army Security Agency like myself, thinking WWIII had started. And don't forget young Cassius Clay, beginning to make his name. The Kennedy assassination, of course. Not sure if this is included in your "fun" focus.
Editor, Oregon Literary Review
Artistic Director, Small Screen Video
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:03 pm

Absolutely Charles, all of those are included :)
It will list all of the highlights of the year over a 'period' background.
Rolling titles, backgrounds, commercials, advertisements, lots of cool stuff like that.

There is a lot of research that has gone into this product. Everything will be either public domain or created by us, so no rights issues.
Growing up in the 60's does help, but it will be more help when we get to the mid to late 60's for me :)

What I really need help with is putting together some cool 'period' backgrounds :)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Rockdoc » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:15 pm

This is a really cool idea! :-5
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Commercials & TV shows from that era, beatniks with bongos, Bobby Darin, Sandra Dee, beach movies....just a few that come to mind. Were TV dinners new in the 50's or was that the 60's? The duck & cover drills at school. (Before my time :) )

Jamal thanks for the link to the list. Lots of slang that I remember my older siblings saying. Some are still used today.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Rockdoc » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Moon Landing! ::C
Jennifer
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:48 pm

Swanson started TV Dinners started in 1953

Here is a great Duck and Cover film from 1952
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_and_Cover_(film)
The whole duck and cover thing started around world war 2, in the 40's.
I remember the drills in school in the early 60's, around the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Gidget came out in 1959 and there were many beach movies between then and the mid - late 60's
Frankie and Annette started making beach movies around 1963.

Good stuff Cheryl :)

The Moon Landing wasn't until 1969, this first edition is 1960 only, not the whole decade, just one year at a time folks ::C

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Rockdoc » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:03 pm

Sorry - didn't read carefully enough! ](*,)
Jennifer
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Cinde » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:22 pm

Here's my list for the year 1960:

1960 Events (I wasn’t yet a teen but I remember a lot of this — especially the songs and TV shows)
Most of this came from babyboomers.com, America’s Best History and some wikipedia articles

John F. Kennedy elected President

Soviet Union shoots down an American U-2 reconnaissance airplane over Soviet airspace and captures pilot Gary Powers

First studies linking cigarette smoking with heart disease

First "Teflon" non-sticking cookware goes on sale at Macy's in New York

Movies: Psycho, The Entertainer, The Apartment

Songs: Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Let's Do the Twist, Never on Sunday, Teen Angel, Stay, Are You Lonesome Tonight

TV Shows: Perry Mason, Bonanza, My Three Sons, The Untouchables, Andy Griffith Show, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, Walt Disney Presents

Books: The Affair, C.P. Snow; The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Allan Sillitoe; To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee; Rabbit, Run, John Updike; The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, William L. Shirer

Elvis Presley is promoted to Sergeant.

Hollywood: "Ben Hur" gets record ten Oscars

Chubby Checker debuts "The Twist" on the Dick Clark Sat. night show

Flintstones debuts on national television.

The final episode if Howdy Doody was aired. At the end of the final episode, broadcast on September 24, 1960, Clarabell (then played by jazz musician Lew Anderson) broke his series-long silence to say the final words of the final broadcast: "Goodbye, kids."

U.S. launches:
* Tiros I, first weather satellite * Echo I, first communications satellite (experimental)
* Transit I-B, first navigational satellite * Corona, first spy satellite

July 1, 1960 - The fifty star flag of the United States is debuted in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, reflecting the admission of Hawaii into the union in 1959.

http://www.foodreference.com/html/html/ ... -1956.html
The first Playboy Club opened in Chicago at 116 E. Walton Street, in downtown Chicago.
Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies were introduced for 49 cents.
Domino's Pizza was founded

http://www.1960sflashback.com/1960/
Cost of a new home: $16,500.00
Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.04
Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $0.31
Cost of a dozen eggs: $0.57
Cost of a gallon of Milk: $0.49

Cassius Clay wins Olympic gold in boxing

(Thanks for the memories, Chuck)
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:44 pm

Thank you sooooo much for all of the info everyone. But to tell you the truth I have already researched this to death and have all of this and more :)
I am really needing some ideas for backgrounds to use behind the facts and figures of the year, maybe I didn't make that clear in the beginning :oops:

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cinde » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:29 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:Thank you sooooo much for all of the info everyone. But to tell you the truth I have already researched this to death and have all of this and more :)
I am really needing some ideas for backgrounds to use behind the facts and figures of the year, maybe I didn't make that clear in the beginning :oops:

Chuck Engels wrote:I am looking for some graphics of the period, if anyone has something or some ideas please let me know.
and
Chuck Engels wrote: What I really need help with is putting together some cool 'period' backgrounds

Yep, you DID say that, my mind just didn't process it. My Bad! defrag, defrag, defrag ....
wait till 1961... I might have some Ken 'n Barbie's in storage somewhere, possible vintage photo op there.
or 1963... Isn't that the year the smiley was born... ::lol::
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Maxine370 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:34 pm

What a great idea. I can volunteer to do one background but you'll have to guide me on the topic. Before my time but maybe an Elvis sillohoutte of some kind.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ed » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:41 am

This reminds me of a vimeo user project from awhile back where people did short videos of the events on their birth year. Someone beat me to mine so I didn't do one. The videos are here: http://www.vimeo.com/tag:birthyearproject
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Next

Return to Announcements