They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Online Chat and Online Support

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

Online Chat and Online Support

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:08 pm

If you noticed on some of the pages you will see a 'Live Support' icon.

If the Icon says 'Offline - Live Support' then Steve, Ron, myself or any of the Muvipix Moderators are not in a chat room. If however the Icon says 'Live Support - Online' then Steve, Ron, myself or any of the Muvipix Moderators are in a chat room.

We will try to be in the Chat rooms on a regular basis. I will be in the main Chat room on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fridays around 8pm Eastern/Atlanta time. Then at various times on the weekend.

The Chat rooms are a great place to get help quickly with a problem or get a quick answer to a question. The site moderators can create new rooms and invite guests/members into the rooms for one on one conversations. We will be looking at extending that priviledge to the
members as well sometime in the future.

We will be posting a list of the Muvipix Moderators soon.

Have fun at muvipix and I will see you in the Chat room :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:14 pm

We had a few problems with the Chat last night but Ron has made some changes to the functionality and I think you will all love it.

When you enter the Chat area you will enter into the Video Editing room, kind of a gathering place. You will then have the option to jump to different rooms, create rooms, invite people to rooms....

Check it out, I will be in the Chat room off and on today and for sure at 10pm Eastern time tonight, see you there :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Paul LS » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:18 am

Saw Ron was in there earlier... wondered what he was tinkering with. Think he must have broken something though... only one chat room now. :wink:
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:28 am

Paul LS wrote:Think he must have broken something though... only one chat room now

:lol:

I've changed all of the permissions for the Chat System. Didn't figure we needed the additional rooms (everyone can create their own rooms now - public, private, password protected, personal invites, etc).

When anyone from the muvipix Team (Moderators / Admins) is in the Chat, the "online image" will appear throughout the site.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:06 am

Thanks Ron, it's working great :!:
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Online?

Postby Bobby » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:52 am

OK, so I entered the main chat room, I think I am a moderator, and yet I didn't see any online help icon on the muvipix home page.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:56 am

I see it fine, try refreshing your browser. If that doesn't work, try a different browser edit : (meaning open up another browser). Sorry, it's early.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:02 am

Definately have to refresh (F5) the browser ;)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bobby » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:57 am

Nah, did that. You guys think I am some kinda novice? I'm a moderator here, man! :razz:

But, seriously. I just took a look at the website again and now I don't see the icon at all - online or offline, whereas I used to. The only thing between the "Current Tech News" and the Adobe icon is blank space now. Using Firefox.

I brought up IE6 and now I see a different colored swatch between those points above, but no text or image and not clickable.

Not sure what is going on Ron.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bobby » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:59 am

Then I entered the chatroom with IE6 (opened a new IE window) and then went back to the original IE6 window and hit F5. No change. Still see different colored rectangle but no text or image and not clickable.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:01 am

If there are no moderators or support staff in the Chat Room then there is no graphic at all. If one of us is in the Chat Room then the 'Online Live Support' graphic is up on most pages. I see it just fine with IE6, just have to refresh the browser.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Announcements