They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Tutorial Suggestions Requested

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

Tutorial Suggestions Requested

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:27 pm

The most requested item here at muvipix is for more tutorials. I would like to know what might be of interest to you all, what would you like to see a tutorial on?

Please be as specific as possible, if you would like to see tutorials on more advanced techniques please list the techniques or features you would like to see.

The tutorials do not have to be limited to Premiere Elements either. I could do some basic computer skills tutorials, more Audacity, other free software. We will even do tutorials for other editing programs if there is enough of a call for it.

I could create some tutorials to duplicate tasks in the In A Snap book, let me know which ones you would like to see. I can also do tutorials for any version of Premiere Elements. If there is something you can't figure out from an existing tutorial because it is a different version let me know, I can do the same tutorial in another version.

Don't be shy, this is your chance to get what you want :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:17 pm

Tutorial suggesions: More keyframing. The pan & zoom was very helpful. I would like to see the lensflare sparkle effect. I tried using Wheat King's settings, but I must be doing something wrong. It still has a halo instead of beams of light. The 3D motion would be good too.

A tour of PE3. Having only used Windows Movie Maker, the PE3 was a huge jump for me. I have now spent an enormous amount of time trying all of the icons, various effects, and it is overwhelming all of the possibilities. For instance, trying the keyframing on a 3D motion effect, I thought the motion in the properties panel sets the keyframes. Finally, I opened the properties box to a full view and found the 3D motion settings. The PE in a Snap talked about the swivel and it took me forever to find it. The tutorials & book have helped a lot to see where some of the icons are located. Maybe an overview of each editing workspace and a breif explanation of the icons would be very helpful. Shortcuts, etc.

Files 101: I have generated quite a few files with 5 projects. An explanation of how certain files support another, their location, etc. I have exported some to an AVI file, stand alone file? so I can then delete the project files. Burning DVD's could be in this tutorial. I tried to burn 2 projects onto one DVD and the program would not let me. '!disc not blank'
My projects did not have DVD markers. Other option, export to AVI and burn with another program? Is quality less burning from AVI vs. from the project file? Tips on organizing the files.

Maybe you shouldn't have asked me for suggestions, sounds like a lot of work for you :lol:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:30 pm

Not at all, very good topics :)

I like the tour idea, probably a 3 or 4 parter for that.

I just finished one about using Windows Explorer to drag and drop media into the Media Panel, Ron should have it up in a couple days. You will probably like that one.

Also like the tutorial on the Lens Flare effect and a few others.

If you want to burn more than one project to a DVD you need to create a master project that can contain one of the videos, then export (File/Export/Movie) the other projects to AVI files and add them to the master project. There is an article on this in the Adobe Forum FAQs, 'How to work on a large project in small pieces', same principle.
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbe608f
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:31 pm

momoffduty wrote: I tried using Wheat King's settings, but I must be doing something wrong. It still has a halo instead of beams of light.

Hi Cheryl,
I had a halo too until I switched to 35mm prime in the properties for the lens flare, maybe I missed something in my settings I'll check tonight.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:34 pm

And maybe a tutorial on creating and using presets :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:40 pm

I watched the tutorials on Audacity on sat night. Great intro especially liked the preferences one 'cause I never explored it before. I've been getting more and more into audio to "Sweeten" my videos lately so I would love more tutorials on some of the effects and how to use them creativly. I'm planning on doing some of my own research but a tutorial that gives me a starting point would be fantastic!
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:04 pm

More Audacity tutorials, good idea.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob D » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:27 pm

I have never understood the garbage matte. Or mattes at all. I would like a tutorial on when and how to use them.

Thanks!
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Helen » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:27 pm

Hi Chuck,

My first suggestion for a tutorial would be using garbage matte (I too am not sure what they are and how they work).
My second choice would be how to do fancy 3D motion text on titles.

Thanks for all the previous tutorials, they have been great
Helen :-D
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:12 pm

Garbage Mattes, Track Mattes, and all the other Mattes... good idea. I have been wanting to do a Track Matte tutorial anyway.

Garbage Mattes are great for putting your video or image on another object, like showing your video on the image of a skyscraper or on a pillow, where the image isn't perfectly square.

A Track Matte is what Steve would use to Blur A Face or a License Plate in a video. I could do tutorials on chapters right out of the In A Snap book because it's all there.

3D text is another story and will probably take additional software, I will check into that one.

I can do it in After Effects but not everyone can run out and buy $1000 software. We got it especially for this site to do the motion backgrounds.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby hpharley90 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:49 am

I like the matte tutorials also.
Thanks
Richard

Dell XPS 8940-10th Gen i7-10700 processor (8-core,16M Cache. 2.9GHz)
48GB 3200MHz RAM Windows 10
hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Briantho » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:55 pm

Richard Pouliot wrote:I like the matte tutorials also.

Yes, me too. I got a lot of very helpful advice on my specific needs a few weeks ago but a broader tutorial starting with basics and steadily building up to embrace all those matte things would be super! :)
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Vera S » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:55 pm

How to use the audio effects in APE 3.0 would be interesting:
* optimize the audio,
* elminate background noise,
* audioclearing,
* add echo

Regards,
Vera
Vera S
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:11 pm

It's great to see the enthusiasm for tutorials. You guys could keep us busy for years!

One other thought though. Is there any interest at all in, maybe, scheduling an occasional tutorial style chat in our chat room?

Some of the effects (the garbage matte, for instance) are really pretty simple, and a little demonstration might be all you need to fully grasp them. With a live chat, Chuck, Ron and I could walk you through some simple steps and then we could open up for questions.

It may not work at all. On the other hand, it might be the next best thing to a classroom environment.

Any interest?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby hpharley90 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:43 pm

Chuck I would be interested in that chat room class as long as it works with everybodys time schedule.
Thanks
Richard

Dell XPS 8940-10th Gen i7-10700 processor (8-core,16M Cache. 2.9GHz)
48GB 3200MHz RAM Windows 10
hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Next

Return to Announcements