They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Uninstall Quicktime?

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

Uninstall Quicktime?

Postby Ron » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:55 am

Not sure if it's a knee-jerk reaction or...

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/04/18/ ... tcmp=hpbt1
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Uninstall Quicktime?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:40 am

Rather than uninstalling Quicktime -- which provides a number of important codecs for video editors -- some experts are recommending simply deleting the QuicktimePlayer.exe file but leaving the rest of Quicktime's files on your computer.

Meantime, there are indications that Adobe is developing a codec back that will relieve us of needing Quicktime. Don't know where all this is going -- but it sure smells like Apple is once again trying to convince the world that we should all be on OSX. They used to do this every time Microsoft issued a new version of Windows: Apple would intentionally drag their feet in providing a workable version of iTunes for the new system.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Uninstall Quicktime?

Postby Kent Frost » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:07 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:but it sure smells like Apple is once again trying to convince the world that we should all be on OSX.

Or, as history has shown, they could have something cooking behind the scenes. Why does any developer ditch a popular piece of software unless they've got something ready to replace it? As an employee of Apple, it's been easy for me to see first-hand that Apple isn't stupid and they understand how many people they'd be upsetting if they didn't give them some sort of bridge to get to the replacement product. And as it's been mentioned in the other quicktime thread, they're just talking about the QT player itself, not the codecs.
Dell Studio XPS 8100, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 64-Bit Win7. Camera gear: 2x Canon 550D's, 1x Canon EOS 6D body, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 & 17-50mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 & 24-70mm f/2.8L, and two 420EX flashes.
Kent Frost

Return to Announcements