They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Where Is The RSS Feed For Muvipix

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

Where Is The RSS Feed For Muvipix

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:02 am

You can sign up for RSS feeds for the Forum and Articles sections of muvipix.com

Here is the topic where it is discussed viewtopic.php?p=7870#p7870

If you would like to sign up to receive the RSS Feeds in Firefox, the feed button is at the end of the address bar, in IE it's in the "Command Bar".
Just click on the RSS Feed button and you are all set :)

This is how it looks on my machine
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Where Is The RSS Feed For Muvipix

Postby Bob D » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:09 pm

What does an RSS feed do?
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:15 pm

You get all of the new forum posts in a nice neat list that give you easy, one click, access to the topic here.
The RSS buttons (at the bottom of my previous screen shot) provide a drop down list like this.

1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:40 pm

Bob D wrote:What does an RSS feed do?

Bob, I use it by dragging into my email client (Thunderbird) RSS feed folder. It then delivers ALL of the forum discussions to me as email messages, which you can have checked at whatever frequency you wish (just as you would normal email). In Thunderbird there's an issue with duplication of messages, but (apparently there's an add-on to address that), and I much prefer it to having to go online to check for the latest messages. Just depends on what fits your routine.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Jayell » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:48 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:If you would like to sign up to receive the RSS Feeds in Firefox, the feed button is at the end of the address bar, in IE it's in the "Command Bar".
Just click on the RSS Feed button and you are all set :)

Chuck, I'd really like to try this, but when I click on that button in Firefox, absolutely nothing happens. If I click on the little arrow next to the symbol, it shows me a bunch of options .. but the only Muvipix related option is taking me to the Board Index.

I apparently missed a step :???:
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:32 pm

Jayell, have you set up the RSS feeds in Firefox under 'Tools/Options' ?

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:38 pm

Thanks, Chuck. Guess I coulda figured that out myself. But when you said you just click on it, I thought maybe it would lead me through something. Just wanted to see how it worked. I like taking it into my email better O:). But it's always nice having choices.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:35 pm

Maybe I should do a full tutorial on the whole RSS thing, but then I would need someone to teach me first #-o
I think you can use it both ways, have them come to your email and have the buttons in Firefox to click on.
Like you said, it is nice to have options :)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:38 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:Maybe I should do a full tutorial on the whole RSS thing,

That might be a nice idea. I think a lot of folks don't know exactly what they are, or how to use them. I can't imagine reading reading through all the posts any other way!
Chuck Engels wrote:I think you can use it both ways, have them come to your email and have the buttons in Firefox to click on.
Like you said, it is nice to have options :)

I have both set up right now, but seems like that might get confusing, bringing them in both ways. I think you'd spend a lot of time looking at the same messages repeatedly.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby UKPal » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:45 am

Internet Explorer 7 also has an RSS capability. Here is a quick look.

RSS Feeds
Don't waste time checking many different sites and blogs for updates. Just select the sites or topics you care about and Internet Explorer 7 delivers all the new headlines and updates to your Favorites Center.

RSS Feeds
News agencies and other dynamic sites now offer a service called RSS Feeds or RSS. With RSS Feeds the website can feed or download information such as top headlines, current travel discounts, sports scores, and other timely content throughout the day to subscribers.

If the Feed button in Internet Explorer lights up (this is an orange button), it means that the site offers RSS feeds. Click the (PLUS) icon to see the feed and, if you want, subscribe to have the feed automatically sent to your computer. When you click the subscribe button , the feed is automatically added to the Favorites Center and to the Common Feed List for sharing with other programs.
UKPal
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Announcements