They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

5 Years Ago Today!...

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

Re: 5 Years Ago Today!...

Postby tjodork » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Absolutely amazing.... its wonderful to go to a site for of course photo and video questions but also many times things about PC's and just about everything else.
Ron, Steve and Chuck you've done an amazing job !!! But of course not only you but the myriad of amazing contributor's.
Here's to many more years !
tjodork
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:16 am

We really have become a community here. Some of my favorite people in the world are people I've only met here in this cyberspace!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:55 am

Congratulations to you .. and to us for making this such an amazingly successful site! I can't even imagine where I would be in my learning process without Muvipix. The answers come so quickly, and you always feel welcome here, regardless of how silly you might feel your question is.
Thanks so much to the founders, moderators, and all those to contribute their time and knowledge. :tup:
HP Envy Desktop 795-0040xt / Win 10 Home/ Intel Core i7-8700 / 32GB memory / NVidia GeForce GTS 1060 3G
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bubby Grub » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:31 pm

Happy Anniversary Muvipix.
It is so great to have such a wonderful community that we can always call upon for any help,
regardless of how silly we may feel some of our questions maybe. We have learnt so much from this site,
sometimes even by just reading any of the threads.
Keep up the good work Steve, Chuck, Ron, and Moderators, and all who contribute their knowlege whenever needed.

Little Nac & Bubby Grub
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby pch006 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:23 pm

... Congratulations and to think I just recently found you all!... the picture of Steve and Chuck... why you look like you were just teen agers back then! They say, life is like a roll of toilet paper... the closer you get to the end, the faster it spins! Keep spinning!

Warmest regards and thanks, Paul
pch006
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby ridon127 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:21 pm

WOW!! I can't believe it has been 5 yrs. This is more to me than just a place to go for help and answers to questions. it is a family and friends.. Thanks for everything muvipix!! here's to many more..
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:07 am

Found my new subscriber gift from 5 years ago. There was a welcome note too, but don't know what happened to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby karri » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:20 pm

wow Happy 5th Anniversary Muvipix!

Certainly one of the best forums ever! Wishing you many happy years to come :)
karri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:00 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:And here's how Chuck and I looked way back then.

In fact, this picture was taken the first time we'd ever met each other in person -- after 6 months of writing our first book together!

Please fill us in on the details of how two people who had not yet met in person decided to write a book together! How did you come to know one another?

And how did it happen that Ron got involved in creating the web site? How did you come to know him?

:hb:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:29 am

Well, technically, Chuck and I were introduced to each other by Pearson Publishing, who recognized us from our contributions to the Adobe forum.

But Chuck and I also recognized each other's names from that forum -- and we were both excited about the opportunity to work together. It certainly didn't hurt that we soon found out that we were the same age and had similar life history's and values.

Finding Ron really completed the circle. Without him, we could never have launched Muvipix.com. We couldn't have asked for a better partnership!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Paul LS » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:09 am

We couldn't have asked for a better partnership!

... I wont ask which one has the good looks and which one has the brains!!! :conf:
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Finding Ron really completed the circle. Without him, we could never have launched Muvipix.com. We couldn't have asked for a better partnership!

You explained how you met Chuck, but you still did not say how Ron became involved with the two of you. Doesn't he reside in the UK?

:?:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:47 am

Nah, I live in Maine (originally from Detroit, Michigan).

Chuck cornered me one day while I was active on the Adobe forums. He complimented my website http://rphmedia.net (long gone now - I think it was this one - only pieces of it left) and asked..... well, here's one of the very first emails he sent me:

Hi Ron,
I have been thinking about you and wondering where you have been lately.
I hope all is well and you have just been busy (in a good way).

I would think you are aware of my web sites closing, just not enough support.
Everybody loves the free stuff but then they buy software from Adobe rather than from Amazon so we get a commission.
That is not the only thing but an example of why the site isn't supporting itself.

I am considering something different for 2007 and wondering if you would like to be involved? We still have Ed and Steve that are willing to help out, TikiTim has gone to work for Adobe and considers any outside work to be a conflict these days. Besides he just doesn't have the time anymore.

I would like to keep one site chuckengels.com and make it a whole lot more than it is now. I would like to produce an E-Newsletter every quarter, sell memberships, tutorials, newsletters, instruction in Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements, Video and Photography services, DVD Templates, Backgrounds..... I think you get the idea. I really like what you have done with your site, the look is pretty close to what I am thinking about. A little Flash but nothing over the top if you know what I mean. We still have a fair number of dial-up users visiting the site and don't want to make it difficult for them.

This could be a great opportunity, or a waste of time, what do you think?
Thanks for any input you might have,
Chuck

The rest is, as they say, history ::C
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kerrie » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Wow! 5 years! I know I am not on here like I use to be (damn kids!) but whenever I have a project going on I know where to look for help. I don't know what I would do without everyone here! Plus-every time I go to the Mall of the America, I think about the great lunch with Chuck and Steve and several other friends from the site! Looking forward to the next 5...and beyond!!!

Congratulations!
Kerrie

Dell Vostro Laptop; 2.2 GHz, core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, 2x160 gig 7200 rpm HDs
Kerrie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:27 am

It was 5 years in 2012, going on 15 years now. Hard to believe.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements