They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Thanks Steve and Chuck!

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Thanks Steve and Chuck!

Postby bbooks » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:05 am

Thanks so much for the free resources you offer and all the helpful information I can find here. I just completed my first PAYING project. I made good use of some of the free video backgrounds you offer. The gray curves video background is one I created myself using Photoshop Elements and PE 3. I use PE 3 and ProShow Gold in combination for many of my projects. Pro Show Gold seems to work more efficiently for slideshows. But PE 3 is terrific for adding video to spice things up and to do things I can't do in ProShow Gold. I uploaded some clips from the larger project. You can find it in the file called "clips" in the gallery.

Edit by Ron: incorrect link - http://muvipix.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

Correct link - http://muvipix.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-1026

Thanks a million for all you do!
bbooks

Postby Jayell » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:25 am

Very nice!!
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby mark hansen » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:00 pm

Love the opening!!! Great Job
mark hansen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:34 pm

Loved every second of it, we are honored to be even a small part of the finished product :!:

The help everyone gets here is wonderful but you still need to have vision and ideas of your own. Put it all together and you get a production like this one, great work :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bbooks » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:30 pm

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!! It was fairly intimidating to do the first paying job - wanting to do a good job, hoping the customer felt like they were getting their money's worth, and working on a deadline.
bbooks

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:28 am

Loved the 1st clip. Nice use of the bags to lead the audience into the picture and also the messages combined with the music was quite powerful. The person who did the still photography did an excellent job. Coupled with the pans and fades, I am sure there was not a dry eye in the house.

Keep posting. It encourages the rest of us.

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:40 am

Great work, bb -- but you give us too much credit!

There are many great ideas at work there -- and anybody who can combine deep meaning and AC/DC is okay in my book!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bbooks » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Thanks! The "Remember" section of the project was my favorite. The photography WAS tremendous and gave lots of inspiration.

Funny you caught the AC/DC. I take no credit for the music choices. That was done by my sister, who works at the agency. She did a fabulous job creating the outline she wanted for the project and picking out the music.

Thanks again for the confidence booster. I'm learning a lot by hanging out here.
bbooks

Return to Showcase