They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Wedding Video

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Wedding Video

Postby jimfallis04 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi All:

I just posted the first draft of a video that will be played at a wedding.

This is a "Labour of Love" for me and I would like it to be the best I can do. All constructive comments will be appreciated.

Note, I have fixed 2 poor transitions at the end.

Thank you

Jim

http://muvipix.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-2663
jimfallis04

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:45 pm

I left a comment on the video page also.

Jim,
You have learned well and put together an awesome slide show.
I am sure it will bring tears to more than one pair of eyes, thank you so much for sharing this with us :)

The image durations were perfect and the transitions were not overused. The effects added to the whole slideshow and didn't distact the viewer, simply a wonderful show !
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thank you

Postby jimfallis04 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:35 am

Hi Chuck:

Thank you for your kind words.

This video is better because of you, your knowledge and your support.

It is difficult learning the software and finding new ideas to make videos both interesting and entertaining. This site has helped me out more than you will ever know.

I will never be upset with any suggestion you may have. My goal is to make something special for a special family.

Thank you

Jim
jimfallis04

Postby happy2bapappy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:44 am

Ditto to what Chuck said. Liked the digital juice too. Really brings it to the next level. I don't even know you, and though I was wrestling my emotions down throughout it, you just went for the sucker punch at the end and you got me. GOOD JOB!
I learned a lot watching your slideshow.
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby jimfallis04 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:21 am

Hi John:

Thank you for your comments.

Making a video is a funny process. We disappear into the computer room, work and re-work the project and at the end we never know if the resulting project is a bust or not.

Your kind words make me feel this project is on its way to being the success I so want it to be.

Thank you

Jim
jimfallis04

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:05 am

My wife and my 23 year old daughter watched it also, they both said that there won't be a dry eye in the house :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:11 am

I moved this over to the Showcase because I think it really belongs here.

One comment that everyone made was that it can be hard to watch a 4 minute video of people you don't know. In your case you made it very easy, we were all caught up and involved for the entire time even though we really didn't know anyone. That is a sign of a good video slide show, keeping people that don't even know you interested for the entire duration.
Once again, an excellent job Jim

And thank you for your kind comments, from all of us here at muvipix :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:49 am

Hi Jim,

I've watched a few times now. Very impressive! Really liked the 3D flip where you turned a picture and flips over to reveal another picture. You should post a "how to" in the how to section of the forum if you get a chance.

Great work! :thumbup:
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Clayton » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:02 pm

Hi Jim, your video was fantastic and I was very moved by it. This is EXACTLY the kind of video that is my goal with PE3 to honor my son who passed away in November. I have been going through picture albums from 1974 finding pics to scan and do a first rate job for his 3 young boys.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Raised the bar

Postby Cinde » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:30 pm

Jim !!!! Wow!!!! I keep going back to view your slideshow. The transitions and presentation of actions is truly a work of art. The choreography of sliding more than one pic onto the screen so seamlessly at the same time is impressive. I love the flip over from one pic to another. Were all of these done with PE?

I vote with Jamal for a "how to" .

You have put into action the type of thing I can only see in my head. You surely have raised the bar for my long term goal.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Raised the bar

Postby Jayell » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:57 pm

Cinde wrote:Jim !!!! Wow!!!! I keep going back to view your slideshow.

I hope you don't mind if I downloaded it .. for the same reason. I keep looking at how you've used all the different effects. Normally when there's so many transitions and effects, it just becomes disjointed .. but you've made it all work somehow!
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

3D Rolling Effect

Postby jimfallis04 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:18 am

Hi All:

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I am totally overwhelmed by your support and encouragement.

The 3D roll to reveal another picture is a version of the page turning technique I learned from Chuck.

Picture 1, add the Basic 3D Video Effect. For the transition, "tilt" goes from 0 to 90. Picture 2, on the same video track as Picture 1, add the Basic 3D Video Effect and for its transition "tilt" goes from -90 to 0.

I think the real trick here is to keep the same timing of the transition for the 2 spearate pictures so it appears as if one object is rolling.

For other variations, add some swivel for fun. I like the "Rotation" feature of the Transform Video Effect to have an object spin out, fast or slowly depending on the mood you are trying to achieve.

I hope this helps. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you

Jim
jimfallis04

Postby William Tranter » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:59 am

Superb slide show, and the music was just brilliant! Congrats. on a very successful video, and as said by others above, there won't be a dry eye in the house!
All the very best,
Bill
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Maxine370 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:25 pm

May I be so bold as to suggest some enhancements...
if there is an easy way to fade in the frame at the very beginning.

I noticed you used the lens flare right before the husband when April is holding a baby. Something I often do is use the lens flare as a transition. Instead of just bringing it up to about 100 brightness and back down, you can actually bring it all the way to 300 which will white out the screen. Place the new track above the old and fade in while starting the lens flare effect at 300, keyframe it to lower to 100 and then move it away by keyframing the position.

I think it will be a wonderful way to match the transition of pictures to the words of the song.

All the same it is an incredible and moving video and you should be so proud of your work. Your "Little Girl" will LOVE it.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:24 am

Great ideas Beth, I think they would definately add a very nice touch, very good suggestions :idea:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Next

Return to Showcase