They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Come back to Glacier!

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Come back to Glacier!

Postby videovillageidiot » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:16 am

Hi everyone! I wanted to share a video with you (actually 2 videos - since Vimeo has a weekly size limit, I had to split it into 2 parts). The video was made to encourage a couple I know to return to Glacier National Park in Montana...they went years ago but Going to the Sun Road was not yet plowed open, so they saw only a small portion of what the Park has to offer. When I told Jeff I was going this year, he asked me to bring them a photo of Logan Pass (the beautiful high point on the Road). I made them this video instead!

And BTW, there's a voiceover by "some guy" you might recognize...haha...THANKS AGAIN STEVE!! :tx:

Besides Glacier's beautiful scenery there's an appearance by a 90 year-old ranger (who still works in the Park!!!)

I hope you enjoy it!

Part 1

Part 2
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Come back to Glacier!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:14 am

These turned out great, Sherrin! Thanks for letting me be a part of them!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:05 am

Awesome! I hope your friends do come back. The scenery is awesome and brings back great memories of the time we spent in Glacier. You surely spent some time and effort putting these together. Thanks for sharing! :TU:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Who ya gonna call...Grisettibusters...

:)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Wonderful Sherrin! I liked the special touch at the end of the 2nd one for your friends, creative. The videos could be promo videos for the area, great job!! Steve did a great job too. You two should collaborate again. :TU: :TU:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Had to watch those again I enjoyed them so much. Really a nice piece of work and very well done. In my opinion Steve's voice makes an already great video even better.

Videomaker:
You may have heard experienced producers postulate that good audio represents 90% of a production’s perceived quality in the mind of a viewer. The psychology behind the statement is connected to a phenomenon that we might call the awful audio syndrome which postulates that poor audio overrides good video. According to this theory, a great looking production — one that is well lit, in sharp focus and composed in a visually appealing way — will be perceived as a poor quality video by the majority of viewers if the soundtrack is lacking; even if the visual quality itself is superb. Weak, tinny, buzz-ridden, aurally unappealing audio undermines excellent imagery. Conversely, very well produced audio that sounds rich, full, clear and powerful actually elevates the perceived quality of a video with poor image quality. So a dimly lit, poorly shot video with stellar sound will be perceived as a higher quality production than a great looking video with a sub-par soundtrack.

Steve how do you feel about shaving your head.....

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:15 am

"In a world, where a man shaves his head..."
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:05 pm

Like this?? but you kind of look like Joe Montana

Sidd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:03 pm

Sidd, I have this recurring nightmare where I wake up looking like that.

Except that, now that it see, it's not that bad a look, is it?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videovillageidiot » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:These turned out great, Sherrin! Thanks for letting me be a part of them!

Thanks Steve - and THANK YOU for your help - you really did a great job!

Dave McElderry wrote:Awesome! I hope your friends do come back. The scenery is awesome and brings back great memories of the time we spent in Glacier. You surely spent some time and effort putting these together. Thanks for sharing! :TU:

Thanks Dave...I did get a very sweet Thank You card from Lavonne and she signed it "Future Guest of Glacier National Park" so I know they are definitely pondering it.

And you're right, I did spend time and effort, but the travel and shooting part were pure joy!! I was so thrilled when everyone i approached was happy to participate. At the Glacier Park Lodge, a manager made signs when I mentioned the "reserved" idea and said I hadn't had time to make signs before I left home...he even REPRINTED one after it blew into a puddle. So sweet! This trip actually got me into an area of the park I had neglected in my previous 10+ visits (Two Medicine, where I took the boat ride), and motivated me to finally reserve a ride in one of the park's historic red "jammer" buses.

Editing went pretty quick...both of the lengthy standups were unscripted so it was fun to put those together with footage that complemented their words. Of course, Steve's voice-over was the perfect touch for the first segment!

momoffduty wrote:Wonderful Sherrin! I liked the special touch at the end of the 2nd one for your friends, creative.

Thanks Cheryl. I originally thought I could work those final moments into the video as it went along, but then decided to just pile them on at the end and i liked that approach best.

momoffduty wrote:Steve did a great job too. You two should collaborate again.

I absolutely agree, Cheryl. As far as collaborating, I'm open to Iceland or Katmai National Park!!!!!

sidd finch wrote:Had to watch those again I enjoyed them so much. Really a nice piece of work and very well done. In my opinion Steve's voice makes an already great video even better.

Thank you Sidd for the kind words. Ya' know what's so amazing about Steve's work? We did a quick Skype session so he could watch bits and pieces of the video to get a feel for its content. He said yes to doing the voice-over, i emailed him the script, and the next day i had his audio file. I just cut it here and there to get the timing to match the length of the content and that was it! Steve didn't even have to watch the whole thing in order to do a great job. He really is awesome!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:26 pm

i emailed him the script, and the next day i had his audio file. I just cut it here and there to get the timing to match the length of the content and that was it!

I had a very similar experience. Watching your video has inspired me to go find something fun to record and send out the plea to super Steve.

Sidd :)
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:30 am

You guys are killing me! It's always a pleasure to do anything I can for my Muvipix friends -- but to me my voice sounds like Barney Fife!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:02 am

Steve Grisetti wrote: -- but to me my voice sounds like Barney Fife!

Actually, he does have a good coice:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gcNpeUyxLU[/youtube]
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:52 am

hummm Barney Fife.... not sure about that but if that is what it is called so be it, We like it. For me tone is only 1 component of the mix.

For example, Who would have thought that once upon a time the in 4100 B.C. the local inhabitants of Vayots Dzor, Armenia had this cave where they let perfectly good grapes ferment and then drink the stuff.

Or as Plato famously said: “Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder”

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:39 am

Don Knotts serenading a young girl? You really CAN find anything on Youtube!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Next

Return to Showcase