They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Panos Effects

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Panos Effects

Postby ridon127 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:40 am

I uploaded 2 clips from a video I did using the Panos snowglobe and a film strip along woth Muvipix effects
Donna
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Panos Effects

Postby Bob D » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:55 am

Very nice Donna. And I like the music on the film effect one. What song is that?

And so how do you do this? Do you create the film effect picture in PE (black & white),save it, then use in PSE, along with the original that then jumps off the film?

Kinda the same question for the snow globe. Is that a picture made n PE with a transparent place for the pictures?

Bob D
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Cinde » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:55 am

Donna, a lot of us long time members know how to get to the members uploaded videos.

But for those who haven't learned all the ropes yet....

Where's the link?

I like the snow globe effect. But my fav is the film. I especially like the way you started out b/w and ended with the color on zoom. The muvipix moving background is very effective.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:21 pm

Great job on both Donna. May use the film strip one sometime, very versatile.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ridon127 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:52 pm

Thanks everyone.

Bob, the song is Let Them be Little by Billie Dean.

When you download the effects from the panos effects, it will have a link for the version of photoshop or elements you are using and instructions on how to dowload are included at the site. When you open PSE, go to the effects panel and click on film strip. It will ask you the make sure the picture you are using is set at a certain resolution. After you do that, just insert the picture and it will do the rest for you. Also if you have problems downloading, you can e-mail him and he will help you. I hope this makes since. I am so much better at asking questions than answering them..LOL

Cinde,
Cinde wrote:But for those who haven't learned all the ropes yet....

Where's the link?

I am not sure what link?
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:11 pm

Nice job Donna. :)

Bob, regarding the animated snowglobe.... there is an option to export as an executable file, screensaver and also AVI. You need to install another freeware program though to do this... PicturesToExe
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Cinde » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:17 pm

Here's the link to the snow globe: http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10140/SNOWGLOBE.wmv

Panos Effects for PSE/Film is here http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10140/FILMSTRIP.wmv

I hope that worked. When I went to the user gallery I found it easily and was able to view it on the page. But when I checked the link I just posted here and clicked on it... it opened in my Windows Media player....

Ron... or someone who knows how this linking works... please explain it again. (Edited to say that I found the explanation in one of Ron's posts http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1196#p8917)
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:40 pm

[wmvvideo]http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10140/FILMSTRIP.wmv[/wmvvideo]

When you copy the link in you can highlight the whole link and press the wmvVideo button below the subject line when you're editing a post.

Very cool!
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ridon127 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:52 pm

Bob,

I went back and reread your post.

I created the B&W in PSE. I put it on the video 1 and the color on 2. I resized the color one in PE to fit on top of the B&W. Then added the motion. It is pretty much the same idea on both. The film strip is actually called 35 mm, I think. There is actually another called film strip that is 3 frames connected. They are available in B&W or sepia. There is also a Rubiks Cube that is pretty cool. He has several available for Photoshop Elements also. Like I said, asking questions is what I do best. Explaining how I did something is sometimes not clear as I probably am shocked I did it to begin with..LOL

Thanks for posting the link Cinde and Jamal.
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob D » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:32 pm

I had/have some of these in PSE5. I never did much with them, but now looking at Donna's work I can see where they can come into play.

I moved what I had to the same folder structure in PSE6, but can't get PSE6 to locate them. Has anyone been able to do it in 6? or is it just something I'm missing.

Bob D
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Barb O » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:31 pm

Panos has posted a response to some questions about his effects and PSE 6 on the forum that is the relocated photoshopelementsuser forum. Here is a direct link to that thread (which may work for people who are already signed up for that forum - but not sure about others.).

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/s ... hp?t=31543

Sorry since this forum has recently transitioned I am not sure how new people sign up for it. So you might just try going to http://www.elementsvillage.com if that thread link will not work for you. It is under the section for PSE 5 and 6 questions.

Additional comments:

There is an ongoing conversation on that thread I referenced, so I don't want to try to post any conclusions here. If you have problems accessing that thread, you might check his site at http://www.PanosFX.com which he says will be updated with additional information after he completes his analysis and testing.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby slushparlor1 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi everyone:

I know this post was awhile ago but I was trying the effect today and I had a few questions and thought maybe someone could tell me if I was on the right track.

1. I created the film strip in Photoshop and then made it B&W and brought it into PE. I put this on video 1 and then brought in the same photo and put it on media 2. Here are my questions....

- When I brought my regular photo onto video 2 and tried to crop it using the cropping tool it make the photo smaller and it did not look like the original picture. Is there a different way to crop?

I'm not sure what to do after this point. How do I get the photo to move off the frame and move aside the way that Cheryl did. Is this too hard for someone to exlplain to me quickly? Are keyframes used? It's such a great effect. As always, I appreciate your help!
slushparlor1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ridon127 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:25 am

I will try to explain how I did mine but it may not make sense.. I brought in my regular photo on video 2. To make it the same size as my film strip, I clicked on motion in the properties panel. Where is says scale, I put my cursor on the 100 and resized it that way.. To set it in motion, I started at the very first on the picture, set my keyframes, clicked on the toggle thing on the right of the motion, moved the CTI(?) to the last frame and set the position and scale to the desired size... Did I make any sense or totally confuse you? Some one with alot more knowledge and correct terminology will be along to help you.
Donna :-D
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby slushparlor1 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi:
First I want to thank you for all your help and I think you are explaining it great!!! Maybe you can give me a little more help and I will get it :).

I did what you said and resized my regular photo so that it's over the film. Now I want to keyframe. I'm just learning this tricky thing so I'm not sure how to make the film go one way and the photo picture another. I went to the Video 2 that had just my picture and keyframed the beginning and then I went to the last frame and I'm pretty sure that I move my photo at that point where I want it before I put my final keyframe. Is this correct? Do I just move the position to do this? Once I do that do I go back to put other keyframes in to move it?

Then.... Do I keyframe the film picture so that is going to the left while my color goes to the right? The keyframe thing is just taking me awhile. I'm watching the tutorials and I got the "In A Snap Book" but it's sill is difficult.

Thank you for all your help!!!!
slushparlor1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Click the stopwatch to turn on keyframing

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:45 am

Be sure to turn the keyframes on first. You do this by clicking the stopwatch next to whatever attribute you are trying to keyframe. This will turn on the keyframe and lock in your first position, (indicated by the blue diamond). So to be clear, move the clip to where you want to start. Click the stopwatch to turn on the keyframing and to set the first key frame. move the CTI (cursor) to the second location. Move your clip to the second location, change opacity, rotation, etc., Do not click the stopwatch again. This will clear your keyframes. PrEL will automatically set another diamond at the CTI once keyframing is turned on. Later, PrEl will calculate what has to happen between the start point and the second point. Move the CTI to the 3rd point and repeat. If you want some time to elapse and nothing to happen move the CTI to the point. Click the blue diamond on the attribute you want to set. PrEl will set the a keyframe at the CTI with the same settings as the previous point. So there will be no changes in opacity, rotation, etc since there is no changes between the last keyframe and the current keyframe you just set. Hope you do not find this too confusing.

In short. Click the stopwatch to turn on keyframing and I think you can figure it out from there.

Good luck,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Next

Return to Showcase