They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Eye opening visit to Konstanz, Germany

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Re: Eye opening visit to Konstanz, Germany

Postby Bubby Grub » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi All,
I certainly don't mean to hijack this thread, and I certainly don't think all Americans are like this, but we have travelled
to the US each year for the past 28 years or so, and in our time have come across some pretty silly questions that have
been asked of us. Here are some just to name a few. Years back there was a documentary out about tours being done in the
outback camping over night and riding camels, that year I was in LA and a tour guide came up to me and was very serious
and asked me did we ride camels in the streets. One good one was years back in Vegas when hubby was asked his first name,
and because it is kind of unusual Kefford and is not overly well known, he was asked if we have a different alphabet in Aus.
not that I can say to much about that, as even here very few people ever get it right, he always manages to get Kevin
which does annoy him a little.
There was a very lovely lady who was on reception at the hotel we stayed at in Anaheim, a very nice person but unfortunately
not very wise about any other parts of the world or including her own outside of the area she lived in. Typical questions from
her was do we have Pizza, McDonalds, and do we get movies over here. One thing that did worry her was something about
Kangaroos she had it they were all around the airports which would make it difficult for the planes to land she was so serious.
Unfortunately hubby does have a sense of humor, and probably said things he should not have, but to cut a long story short
she unfortunately believed everything he said. I could go further on about things we have been asked but I won't, but I will
say it is such a pleasure to end up talking to someone from the US who does understand about other parts of the world
and you can have a very intelligent conservation and we all end up learning something new each side.
One last one I have to say or I will get into serious trouble if I don't, was hubby thought this was the best. Years back in Hawaii
he had to show id in a supermarket and because we write the date different, and his birthday is 21.6 he was asked if we have
more months in the year than you guys, oh so serious. I once mentioned this to my brother who travelled the world on business
most of his life, and his response to me was, Sis some of those Americans are very nice people, but you have to make allowances.
I must say I have always wondered how big of an allowance for some.
Aside from that your video Ron was excellent and I really enjoyed it. I love to travel and enjoy learning about other countries. Bubby Grub :exc:
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Cool video! I like the architecture and the garden was lovely. Very nice job!

Steve, I read your every one of your blog posts in 2013 - and now I'm doing it again! Thanks for the link!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Regardless of the politics... I enjoyed the video :exc:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:27 am

Thanks for posting your fab video.

::CLAP:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Showcase