They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PPBA Bee Swarm Recovery in Action

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

PPBA Bee Swarm Recovery in Action

Postby theOZer » Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Hello All,
Here's my bee video of Mike, of Pikes Peak Beekeepers Association, recovering our second bee swarm so far this year.
This is a SG* video on mine. I am progressing through Steve's tome on using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13. This video finds me more at ease using titles, subtitles, overlaying text message, incorporating music and sound bites. I used the Sony PlayMemories Home video editor 'Multi View' Tool to do the two-camera/cross-camera film clip merges.
Enjoy!
Love Bees, theOZer
* SG - 'Since Grisetti' period. Film I made since I started reading Steve's tome on using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFPSCkTsFBc[/youtube]
120V 4-slot toaster running Windows 11 Home Edition
theOZer

Re: PPBA Bee Swarm Recovery in Action

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat May 09, 2015 9:41 pm

This is fascinating work, Ozer! And I'm honored that my book is helping you document it!

Though I'm still amazed you can suck bees up with a vacuum cleaner with your bare hands!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby theOZer » Sun May 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Yes, bare hands. And, as you saw...the bees have other issues to deal with..."We be swarming here!" A bee swarm is the bee's asexual approach, used for millions of years, to spread and propagate the bee species. Bees also know that they are "Total Koo," too.
The vacuum was modified, of course, to just pass sucked up materials (i.e., the bees) through the vacuum hose into a modified-lid 5-gallon bucket, that has in it a 3-4 inch bedding of twigs and mulch, to reduce harming the bees as they literally are shot into this bucket. The 5-gallon bucket lid on the inside has a screen to stop bees from going through the exhaust hole, that the black hose is attached to which is actually attached to the empty canister vacuum. Due note that this vacuum is intentionally used because it has a low horsepower motor, thusly the force of the air is less, and the reduced airflow speed will reduce causing harm to the bees as they experience this a bit traumatic event. (We go to amusement parks to enjoy an experience like this these bees had; "Whee!")
120V 4-slot toaster running Windows 11 Home Edition
theOZer

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun May 10, 2015 5:07 pm

Very cool!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Showcase