They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

2014 with the Grisettis

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Re: 2014 with the Grisettis

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Great way to capture memories of your little one and all your family, Steve.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron Hunter » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:41 pm

Steve, that was awesome. I love how you pulled in footage of so many different family members and friends, and tied everything together through narration. And the upbeat soundtrack really made this a feel-good piece. Jason is a little chunk! And such awesome blue eyes, he will be a hit with the ladies no doubt.

I like the idea of a year-end compilation but haven't tried to make one. How long are your year-end videos? I imagine they vary depending on how much footage you shot, but do you aim for 5min? 10min? Other? How do you share with family/friends? YouTube, Vimeo, or something else?

And what is your creative workflow for these videos? Do you sit down and brainstorm on paper all of the events that happened in your family this past year, and then search out the clips to illustrate those events? Or do you just go through all of your clips and look for the good stuff?
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ed » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:16 pm

No garlic or red pepper flakes in that sauce. L'orrore!
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:46 pm

I just try to shoot every significant event, Ron -- and then grab as many cute grandson moments as I can too. At the end of the year I wade through it all and try to make a story out of it.

This time it worked because I built the whole movie around Jason's first year. I've based past videos on this like our year of travel, our year of entertaining out of town guests, our year of discovering our new hometown, etc.

At this point it's way too early to know what 2015 will be the year of. Right now it's shaping up to be a chance to grab some much-needed R&R.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Showcase