They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

...and another

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

...and another

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:35 am

This one needs some narration I think. I also want to go back to Monreale and take some new video it so that I can replace the SD clips with HD. I will also take new still shots as some (most?) of the stills in the clip below show the effects of the strong sunlight outside leaking into the edges of the pictures. But all of that is for next year.

The interior of the cathedral is decorated entirely with mozaics with the principle colour being gold. The cloisters in the opening shots have about three hundred columns; no two are identical. Anyway, for now, here it is.

AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Re: ...and another

Postby momoffduty » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:41 am

John, what a beautiful cathedral! I liked composition of the video and the stills. The framing of the shots showed the closeup details and the zoom out gave the depth of the cathedral. A very beautiful place and a future HD project would be worth the filming.

It is wonderful that you live in a place of rich history and beauty. :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:39 am

I'm really enjoying these short videos of yours. Great match on the music! :TU: I have to admit that I have a personal preference for a cross dissolve over the fade through black that you're using though. For some reason the fade through black seems "jarring" to me.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:45 am

Dave McElderry wrote: I have to admit that I have a personal preference for a cross dissolve over the fade through black that you're using though. For some reason the fade through black seems "jarring" to me.

Generally I only use either a cross dissolve or a fade to black. For these videos the clips are all SD and were taken at least five years ago. In Spring 2015, before it gets too hot, I intend to re-film in HD all of the locations that you have seen so far (as well as one posted in a different thread about the earthquake struck town of Poggioreale). And, now that I have experienced the procession through Carini in September, I will also re-video that next year as I now know what happens and so what to expect.

In the meantime I am finding that there just aren't enough frames for cross dissolves in some of the old SD clips so dip to black was the sensible (only?) option.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:42 am

I am really enjoying your videos John, my only request is that you title the thread. With so many ...and another's I am not sure which one is which.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Ron Hunter » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:25 pm

Excellent John! What a beautiful cathedral. I liked how you morphed the cathedral ceiling image from B/W into color. And I really liked your images of the creation story and of Noah.

It would be helpful if you had a title at the beginning of the piece. And maybe have text in lower third to describe what the viewer is looking at? Maybe some historical tidbits about the place? Is it still actively used by worshippers? When was it built? Does it also serve as an abbey? For whom? (Or maybe the soundtrack got me confused?)

Your videos indicate that the area you live in is very beautiful and full of historical places to visit. You should have no problem coming up with new video projects! I love seeing other areas of the world. You, and everyone else here at Muvipix, are providing us the opportunity to see things we will never be able to see ourselves. Keep 'em coming please!
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:53 am

Thanks for the generous comments, Ron. :-D

Ron Hunter wrote:It would be helpful if you had a title at the beginning of the piece. And maybe have text in lower third to describe what the viewer is looking at?

As I posted somewhere else, these short video clips are meant to be mementos for my visitors, one short video clip for each place that they have themselves visited so that, on the DVD that I provide for them when they leave, the menu chapters provide the title and the videos, hopefully, remind them of what sights they saw when they were here.

As an example:-

Menu%20Image.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Ron Hunter » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:44 am

Sorry John, I missed that. This was the first of these videos I watched. I'll check out the other ones.
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:50 am

It doesn't show up on the static screenshot above, obviously, but the chapter buttons are motion buttons. If it wasn't for that fact then I would be the very first to admit that the main menu looks more than a bit uninteresting. :(
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:16 am

John I really enjoy watching your videos. It is a really interesting slice of Sicily to watch. I guess you could consider me an internet guest. Keep up the great work.

As far as DVD menu's are concerned they are purely functional to me. When we watch a DVD if it does not get to the menu quickly I am pressing the menu button on the remote. :)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Showcase