They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Honeybee and Fighting Temeraire

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

The Honeybee and Fighting Temeraire

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:52 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZiX2GYOKtc[/youtube]

For those of you who remember my dismal hand held results before... I think I'm doing better now with my modified Fig Rig! :exc:

I did use both warp stabilizer and rolling shutter repair in this clip but now I'm not sure I needed to. My onscreen previews showed distinct horizontal lines that looked like reality might have folds. That did not change after stabilizer. It DID change after rolling shutter, but the next (and all subsequent) views showed it again, especially just after the bee took flight. Now that I see it on YouTube, it isn't there. So maybe it never was.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: The Honeybee and Fighting Temeraire

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:21 pm

The same clip, but exported from Premiere Pro CS6 for Vimeo. I thought it might make an interesting comparison.

Vimeo says they re-did my 1080 footage at 720 and suggested that I upgrade to their paid plan in order to retain the 1080 settings.

Except that the footage looks slightly lighter, I can't say that I see a lot of difference. What do y'all think?

EDIT: This morning the long string of code is gone and a short one is in place, so I'll try again. Now I've also allowed anyone to embed the video anywhere.

Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:30 pm

For YouTube, go into the full editor, select the YouTube button, brackets that indicate begin/end youtube appear with a cursor between them. Paste the URL.

So why doesn't it work?

For Vimeo:

Only the ID # is needed between the Vimeo begin/end brackets. That one isn't working for me either.

#-o
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:32 am

I don't know. The YouTube tag works for me. Might be something Ron needs to look into.

The Vimeo link should be a number. Your vimeo tag isn't a number. It should be 81356134, but it gets an error message from vimeo as you can see. You can click on where the video should play and it will take you to the Vimeo page and you can watch it there. Other videos of yours on vimeo do work with the Vimeo tag.

EDIT: now the youtube tag is working for all the posts. Strange.... Maybe the Vimeo link will work later too. Who knows.
Bob

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:10 am

For YouTube start the address with http:// instead of https://

The Vimeo number will be pretty short compared to the one you're having trouble with and, like Bob said, will be just a number (about 8 digits). Can I ask the source of the Vimeo code?

Bob, I edited Paz's YouTube address.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Bob » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:59 am

Thanks, Dave. That explains it.

The Vimeo number is 81356134.
Bob

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:39 am

It works for me on Vimeo but I get "Sorry There was an error encountered while loading this video" in Chrome on Muvipix.
Paz, are you allowing embedding of this video in its Vimeo privacy settings?

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:20 am

I tried to embed with Firefox and the same error. Go to your Settings page for the video on Vimeo. Under the Privacy page check the second set of options and see if the "Anywhere" is checked for embed.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:35 am

Or you can just specify muxipix.com if you prefer.

Dave McElderry

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:45 am

Paz, are you allowing embedding of this video in its Vimeo privacy settings?

No, I see this morning that I did not have 'allow anyone to embed this video anywhere" checked. Now I do and it's working.

Also, last night the Vimeo code was a very long string. This morning it is the same short string Bob posted. Perhaps it hadn't completely moved all the crates and boxes into the new home!

I also just checked on YouTube and I DO have https. I wonder why. I do use Firefox.

Or you can just specify muxipix.com if you prefer.

Oh yeah? I'd like that better! I'll mosey on over and see if I can figure out how to do just that!

Thanks, everyone! After a dozen or so attempts last night I was ready to post the hair pulling icon!
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:19 am

My Vimeo privacy settings are below. Would I have the ability to allow embedding only on Muvipix if I change to a paid account?

I had been planning on going to a paid account with Vimeo once I have things up and running since I generally feel that Vimeo videos have higher visual quality. There's no doubt Mom's do, but then she and I are not using the same equipment. On the other hand, recently I've learned that Vimeo does not support closed captions/subtitles, so I'm torn. Perhaps I should try a paid Vimeo account for a month to see if my video quality gets even close to Mom's.

As I mentioned earlier, Vimeo said they were downgrading my 1080 to 720. Assuming they did, I don't see a lot of difference between the YouTube at 1080 and Vimeo's 720 quality, so Vimeo's 1080 might be much better.

_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:38 am

_Paz_ wrote:My Vimeo privacy settings are below. Would I have the ability to allow embedding only on Muvipix if I change to a paid account?

I'm sure that must be it. I have a Plus account and my embed options look like this:

Vimeo Embed.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, Vimeo said they were downgrading my 1080 to 720. Assuming they did, I don't see a lot of difference between the YouTube at 1080 and Vimeo's 720 quality, so Vimeo's 1080 might be much better.

I've seen some pretty good quality video on You Tube, but Vimeo is excellent. The difference between 720 and 1080 may be in the eye of the beholder. I'm not a Vimeo power user, so maybe Cheryl or others can help you with that decision. There are other perks to paid memberships above and beyond the ability to post in 1080. Check out this comparison chart:

http://vimeo.com/plus

EDIT:
BTW, I think the default, even with a Plus account, is to render at 720. You have the option in your settings to always render at 1080.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave McElderry

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks, Dave.

Being able to allow embedding only where you want it is definitely a valuable feature.
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:51 pm

My videos are all 720p on Vimeo. The old Vimeo had file types and sizes listed on the video page which I found to be useful in comparison. When the new Vimeo came out those options are not longer visible. But, now I just use the Vimeo preset in PrPro or the Media Encoder.

The Plus account allows you to embed videos somewhere yet Hide from Vimeo. I've done this for a page I manage for a non-profit.

There are a few factors on quality of the video. Just a few observations:

My videos in the project look better than the .mp4 file that I upload to Vimeo.
The Canon T4i video looks better than the HV30.
Adjusting a little contrast or saturation or white balance helps.
Focus with some lenses look better than others. Example: the 18-135mm is flatter than the 50mm f/1.4 or the 40mm f/ 2.8

One advantage with the Plus account is that your upload file is kept indefinitely if you need to retrieve or if someone wants to download. The Basic account keeps the original file for 30 days. After that it is the compressed version of the file you uploaded. I've rarely needed this option. I think it would be great if you are collaborating with someone on a project.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Ron Hunter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:28 pm

I liked the video. The music was a perfect fit (of course, "Flight of the Bumblebee") and my attention was focused on the bee, so the handheld nature of the footage wasn't that noticeable. Actually, if you wouldn't have highlighted your "fig rig" I probably wouldn't have noticed the motion at all.

I haven't worried about the video quality on YouTube or Vimeo because I figure they must compress the videos anyway. By definition, everything online will be at reduced quality when compared to the native files on your PC. Nature of the beast I suppose.

I didn't know what the "Fighting Temeraire" was so I Googled it and learned that it is a famous painting. What, may I ask, does that have to do with the bee?
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Next

Return to Showcase