They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Our church marketing video

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Our church marketing video

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Some of you may remember the marketing video and DVD that I've been involved in producing for our church. I received a lot of help from folks here, for which I'm extremely grateful. The original thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5581

We unveiled this video last month and produced an initial 250 copies. The DVD also contains two choir performance vids which we can only distribute on disc due to the licensing package we've purchased.

Our marketing team seems pleased with the final product. Maybe after two years in the making they're just happy that they got anything at all! Nonetheless, if they could see what some of you are capable of they might think differently. I just today posted the video on YouTube. It's nearly 15 minutes long, including the necessary music credits, so I don't blame anyone for not watching the whole thing. It gets a little slow in the middle during the interviews, but picks up again towards the end. It's simliar to home movies in that it's a lot more interesting if you know the people involved. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zyfP56XbhM[/youtube]
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Re: Our church marketing video

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Very, very nice work, Dave! You should be very proud! Thanks for sharing it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:05 pm

A polished piece! I know you and your church team worked very hard on this project and it shows. The use of effects were not overwhelming, yet kept you engaged. Lots of creative ideas there and may borrow some. ::CLAP:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby dlgilbert » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Well done! In addition to all the video, your audio is very good, too. That makes such a huge difference.

Nice job!
Dan Gilbert
dlgilbert

Postby Jayell » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:44 pm

I liked the drive through the trees up to the Church. Kinda draws you in before the dialog starts.
.. and also the little wave at the end.
Nice work, Dave
HP Envy Desktop 795-0040xt / Win 10 Home/ Intel Core i7-8700 / 32GB memory / NVidia GeForce GTS 1060 3G
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:11 am

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Jayell, the "wave" by Dewey at the end was totally spontaneous. I was taping people exiting the sanctuary after church and realized that I had a good shot when Karl and Dewey gave each other that big hug. But then Dewey turned around and noticed me for the first time, giving me that wave. When I watched it later I knew I had my ending.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:36 am

Dave McElderry wrote:Thanks for the kind words everyone. Jayell, the "wave" by Dewey at the end was totally spontaneous. I was taping people exiting the sanctuary after church and realized that I had a good shot when Karl and Dewey gave each other that big hug. But then Dewey turned around and noticed me for the first time, giving me that wave. When I watched it later I knew I had my ending.

That is like striking gold when you capture a great spontaneous clip. :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Showcase