They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Problem with Rendering

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2023

Problem with Rendering

Postby janetr » Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:51 am

Hello

I have one video that is refusing to render. When I press the render button, nothing happens. The orange and yellow lines remain.
I can export it and it seems to be OK.
I want to upload it to my YouTube channel, but I'm a bit nervous about doing this even though it seems to be OK.
Should I put it through Handbrake? Doe Handbrake render videos?
Also anyone any idea why this is happening. It's just this one video.
Thanks in advance.
janetr
New User
New User

Re: Problem with Rendering

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:07 am

The purpose of rendering is to allow you to get smoother playback of projects on your machine in real time. It takes all of the effects and adjustments that you've made to your video and outputs to a single file that PrEl uses to playback your video when you preview. In other words, it takes some of the load off of the machine's resources when previewing. Rendering doesn't affect the final output in any way, for better or worse. You may feel secure that whatever the exported file looks like hasn't been affected by any rendering you've done (or not done). As for why your project doesn't seem to be responding to your attempts to render, maybe someone else will be able to help answer that. However, if you're not having any particular problem in previewing your video as your work, you're good to go and can ignore the yellow/orange line. I often don't render at all, but the need to render mostly depends on your machine's capabilities to process your project in real time.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Re: Problem with Rendering

Postby janetr » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:58 am

thanks so much - that's really really helpful - I had comepletely the wrong idea about what rendering does.
janetr
New User
New User

Return to Premiere Elements 2023