They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Will These Blu-ray Disks Be Compatialbe Most Players?

Discussions about High Definition Television, Blu-Ray, HD DVD and other high definition DVD formats.

Will These Blu-ray Disks Be Compatialbe Most Players?

Postby George Tyndall » Fri May 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Here, according to the Help pdf, is how PRE7 burns SD and Blu-ray disks:

Video encoding for DVDs and Blu-ray Discs

Making a DVD or Blu-ray Disc involves encoding your video into the MPEG‑2 format or the H.264 format (Blu-ray only). Compression reduces your video and audio files to take up less storage space. For example, a 60‑minute video in Adobe Premiere Elements takes up approximately 13 GB. However, a single‑layer DVD holds only 4.7 GB. (Dual‑layer DVDs hold 8.5 GB.) To maintain maximum quality, Adobe Premiere Elements compresses the movie only as much as necessary to fit it on the disc. The shorter your movie, the less compression required, and the higher the quality of the video on the disc.

Note: The Blu-ray presets are suitable for exporting AVCHD-quality files.[Italics in original]

Note: The Blu-ray format H.264 is computationally intensive and, hence, takes a long time to encode. However, the compression is high and allows more video data per MB. MPEG-2 is not as computationally intensive, so it is faster, but the amount of video information per MB is less.

If understand the above correctly, the "native" format for PRE7 when burning Blu-ray disks is MPEG H.264 1920x1080i 30, and for SD it is MPEG NTSC DVD Standard or Widescreen, therefore, when sharing my PRE 7 timeline to Personal Computer, MPEG H.264 1920x1080i 30 and MPEG NTSC DVD Standard or Widescreen are the presets I should use.

1. Is that correct?

2. If I follow that procedure, will the resulting SD and Blu-ray disks be compatible with most of today's Blu-ray players?

:?:

:tx:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Hi Def