They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

HD on DVD from PRE 7 or 8

Discussions about High Definition Television, Blu-Ray, HD DVD and other high definition DVD formats.

Re: HD on DVD from PRE 7 or 8

Postby CaptainTivo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:24 am

I think what you are looking for is a DVD (5 or 9) burned with AVCHD format files. Most Blu-Ray players will play such a disk. It will contain true HD files (h.264-AVC encoded) and will give you true HD video playback. Playing time is obviously less than BD since a DVD can only hold 4.8 or 9 Gbytes instead of the 25 or 50 GBytes of a BD. I have been told that PE 7 and 8 will produce this format but I have not done this myself.

Hunter
CaptainTivo
New User
New User

Postby Paul LS » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:31 pm

A big welcome Hunter to Muvipix.

Certainly PE7 and PE8 will work with AVCHD files but unfortunately it wont burn an AVCHD disc to standard DVDs. It will only burn Blu-ray discs. I export H.264 format from PE8 and then use DVD Movifactory or NERO to burn high definition AVCHD discs.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby CaptainTivo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:48 pm

Hmm. So you edit the video/audio in PE then you have to use Movifactory to author an AVCHD disk? So PE will not produce the AVCHD files?

Hunter

Paul LS wrote:A big welcome Hunter to Muvipix.

Certainly PE7 and PE8 will work with AVCHD files but unfortunately it wont burn an AVCHD disc to standard DVDs. It will only burn Blu-ray discs. I export H.264 format from PE8 and then use DVD Movifactory or NERO to burn high definition AVCHD discs.
CaptainTivo
New User
New User

Postby Paul LS » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:25 pm

PE will produce the AVCHD files but will not burn to standard DVD with the high definition AVCHD disc format... only Blu-ray disc format to Blu-ray disc.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Hi Def