They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

HD DVD players hit $99

Discussions about High Definition Television, Blu-Ray, HD DVD and other high definition DVD formats.

Re: HD DVD players hit $99

Postby Bob » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:47 pm

jackfalbey wrote: 6) The cost to take your family to a movie will exceed a weekend at Disney World. Ticket: $120...

Gosh, Jack. The way things are going, that may only be a year or two off! Even worse than the price, the theater experience is going downhill even faster. Last time we went to the theater it was miserable because the other viewers were talking loadly, answering cell phones or making calls, and generally being rude and inconsiderate. I used to enjoy the theater experience, but It's gotten so that I much more enjoy watching DVD movies at home. And, if I want that "immersive" experience, I can sit closer to the TV. :lol:
Bob

Postby jackfalbey » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:17 pm

Just remember what Mom always said, Bob...

"Don't sit too close to the TV for at least 30 minutes after eating." Or was it "Always look both ways before running with scissors..." :-k
ASRock Z77 Pro4, Xeon E3-1230 V2, Windows 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB GTX 660 ti, 240GB SSD for OS/programs, 3x640GB in RAID0 for projects
Panasonic GH2; Adobe Creative Cloud
http://www.CMDStar.com
http://www.FamilyTreePhotography.co
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Clayton » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:58 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Which is more likely

a) That someone will release a Hi Def DVD player that is both HD-DVD and BluRay compatible.

b) That all movies will eventually be released on disks that contain both the HD-DVD and BluRAy versions.

c) 50% of us will get screwed by buying the Hi-Def DVD format that goes under.

Well, fortunately, even Hi-Def DVD players don't seem nearly as daunting an investment as VCRs did 30 years ago, so maybe it won't hurt so bad when half of us get BetaMaxed.

I vote C. I have a $1000 betamax in the attic. :cry:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Hi Def