Total votes : 59

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Blu-ray Player Poll

Re: Blu-ray Player Poll

Offline - Moderator
Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:46 am Post
Saw that and found that you had already posted. You gotta get up pretty early (or stay up real late) to beat Ken. :-D

So now it's not the cost of the dog - it's feeding it that's expensive.
Last post Reply with quote 

Offline - Moderator
Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:51 am Post
Just when you thought that you were nearing a decision......

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/ ... -per-disc/

....new players will be backward compatible but beware the price of the new discs (not yet announced but current BD discs are still expensive)! :???:

Offline - Moderator
Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:58 am Post
I can't keep up. I'm going to sell all my technology at a garage sale and move to Walden Pond.

Offline - Super Moderator
Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 am Post
I've already started shopping for old computer equipment at Goodwill. What deals!

Profile  WWW 
Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:54 am Post
Hey Steve, Dave is having a garage sale and lives in Ohio. You can pick up some great deals and visit your relatives too :)

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 am Post
I pass within a few miles of Lima when I take the turnpike to Wooster! Maybe next time I'll stop and root through Dave's garage.

Offline - Moderator
Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 am Post
It would be easier for me if you just buy the whole garage and contents to go Steve. I'm afraid to go in there anymore. :shock:

Offline - Premiere Member
Profile  WWW 
Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:13 am Post
LOL, you guys are a hoot!
Dave McElderry wrote
So now it's not the cost of the dog - it's feeding it that's expensive.

Robert found an an article where Verbatim announced a newer, lower cost process to make Blu-ray media. All it will take is a firmware update to your burner. :roll:

A couple of months ago I found in the Goodwill a JVC S-VHS recorder HR-S3800U for 10 bucks. It looks like new and plays perfectly. Came with the original remote control, has all the JVC goodies except for the L-TBC. Who knows what treasures lie in dark places? :TU:

Profile  WWW 
Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:12 pm Post
So far I have found that most Blu-ray players will play AVCHD but I did find a couple that apparently do not. One that will not support AVCHD is the Sylvania NB530SLX. Another is the Magnavox NB500MG1F. Both are made by Funai Electric, the same outfit that made my Emerson HDTV. Funai bought a number of the old USA TV company names and now supplies their wares under the Sylvania, Magnavox and Emerson brands. There are a couple of others but I can't remember them now. Funai seems to want to be the "bottom feeder" in this market and always has the low price. They do so by cutting some corners or features. If you can live with the limitations then you may be satisfied. For instance my Emerson TV has only one HDMI connector. What a nuisance! Spending another 40 dollars to cover the cost of an HDMI switch would have been worth it.

I want to recommend Blu-ray players now to my friends and the low cost players at Walmart are certainly attractive but now I will warn them to avoid certain brands. The reviews on these brands are somewhat lackluster, too. I saw Sony players at Costco today for $120 usd.

Where's Bobby?

Profile  WWW 
Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:04 am Post
Speaking of Bobby, I wonder where he is? Haven't seen him on here in a while.

Been wondering the same thing myself. Anybody know?

Offline - Super Contributor
Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:26 am Post
I believe he has been busy with Town Council meetings, a busy time of the year apparently. I am sure he will be back reguarly posting soon.

Re: Where's Bobby?

Offline - Super Contributor
Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:06 pm Post
cdeemer wrote
Speaking of Bobby, I wonder where he is? Haven't seen him on here in a while.

Been wondering the same thing myself. Anybody know?

Thanks for asking. I am around a bit, lurking a bit. I guess the best way to describe my state is a "sabbatical". And, yes, the Town Council during budget time is pretty intense.

Offline - New User
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:20 pm Post
I have an LG blue ray player. Afterwards I got a blue ray burner on my computer because the quality is much better.
Top Reply with quote 

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic