They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Wow! Adobe Elements Organizer 2018

Talk about the Elements Organizer (all versions)

Wow! Adobe Elements Organizer 2018

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:09 pm

This is the reconstruction of the original part one that was lost in cyberspace. I'll first upload the images and then fill in the text.

The following is the Welcome Screen for "the O."

Adobe Elements Organizer 2018.JPG

Note that to access the O, one may do so from the Welcome Screen for either PRE2018 or PSE2018 -- and as shown in Steve's books, it is also readily accessible from the Taskbar within these programs.

01.JPG

The default location for the O's catalog is the C drive; however, because I have all my audio, photo and video files on external HDDs, I like the catalog to be on the same external HDD as the media it is cataloging. In the following image (File>Catalog Manager) I've chosen drive F, which is currently the only external drive mounted on my Win7 machine. Note, to repeat, that all my data is already there.

Catalog Manager Custom Location Drive F.JPG

To verify its location, I go to Help>System Info:

System Info Drive F.JPG

After confirming the location, I go to drive F to locate the folder that contains the catalog:

Organizer 2018 Catalog Folder Drive F.JPG

After opening the folder, I note its contents:

Contents Organizer 2018 Catalog Folder.JPG

Among the contents, I am looking specifically for the database (db) file:

catalog 16 db.JPG

When I double-click the db file, the O opens. Here are the folders I see upon first opening the O. Note that A and B are grayed out because they are not mounted.

My Folders.JPG

When I right-click on the F drive, which is mounted, and choose the option to see the sub-folders, I see literally hundreds (if I scroll all the way down) of sub-folders.

Open Drive F.JPG

And if I single-click on one of these sub-folders, the O reveals thumbnails of the media that are contained in that sub-folder on drive F

Drive F sub-folders.JPG

Please proceed to the continuation of this post for some conclusions and observations.

::wav::
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Wow! Adobe Elements Organizer 2018

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Thanks for digging into the program and reporting what you find, George.

The Organizer is clearly deeper than most of us assume.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Elements Organizer