They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Saving Individual Clips

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

Re: Saving Individual Clips

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:16 pm

I thought I saw this mentioned somewhere, but I don't see it now. Anyhow, would this be feasible?

You use Add Media to add all your media to Project Assets. Then you create folders (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Birthdays, etc) in the Project Assets panel. You use the Trimmer to set the in and out points. You can CTRL-drag (or copy and paste) the corresponding clip in the Project Assets panel into the appropriate folder(s) -- thereby creating "subclips." While you can't drag from the Trimmer back to the Project Assets panel, you can drag the corresponding clip at the top level in the Project Assets panel to folders.

Note that if you try to create a copy by CTRL-dragging a clip to an empty square in Project Assets, nothing happens. But if you CTRL-drag a clip into a Project Assets folder, the "subclip" will copy to the folder. If you don't hold down the CTRL key, the clip is moved instead of copied. The copy will just be a reference to the source clip and includes the in and out points you have set in the Trimmer. You can also Copy and Paste from one folder to another.

Nothing so far has involved the Timeline. Everything is done in the Project Assets panel and the Trimmer. Nothing has been re-rendered.

Then you save the master Project, and make copies of the Project for the different genres. For each copied project, you drag the desired clips, such as from the Birthdays folder in the Project Assets panel, to the timeline.

I haven't practiced this, but it sounds like a great idea.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Saving Individual Clips

Postby fls1945 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:No. There is no other way.
Thanks Steve for clearing up my confusion.
Sorry I have been late in replying. Flu season hit me.
fls1945

Previous

Return to PRE version 2018