They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

New To This, Just Got My 2018 Book Too! Can't Move Title?

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2018

New To This, Just Got My 2018 Book Too! Can't Move Title?

Postby NFA Fabrication » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:14 pm

I do a lot of stuff with Drones, and finally decided I can't keep doing this stuff without decent editing software (Have been using the free GoPro software mostly, but my new drone uses a Panasonic GH4). I just bought Premiere Elements 2018, and Steve's book! I have already made a few videos, and want to get a basic idea of how stuff works in the program before I dig into the book, as I tried starting with the book, and got in immediately over my head... Just playing with it today, and I am now understanding way more of what I am reading! This program has been pretty intuitive on almost everything except centering my title. I am just using a basic template in quick mode at this point. I can select separate parts (Left/right text and that center bar), but not the whole thing to be moved as a whole. Seems like a very basic function, but I am lost at this point. As you can see, my title as a whole is off to the left, I'd like to manually grab all of it and center it manually with my mouse. I know it is going to be something very basic I am missing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NFA Fabrication
New User
New User

Re: New To This, Just Got My 2018 Book Too! Can't Move Title

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:30 pm

First, thanks for supporting our book. And second -- welcome to Muvipix! It's always great to add to our community.

The challenge seems to be that you are working with a Motion Title rather than a traditional title template. Traditional titles are very flexible, and can do a lot of customization with them. But Motion Title's are a bit more structured by nature.

You can swap out elements and you can customize the text, but you can't do a lot of moving things around. It's just their nature.

Does your titling plan work with a more conventional title template?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby NFA Fabrication » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:31 pm

And I figured out how to move it all, but it moves the background as well (The opacity I chose), then I get this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NFA Fabrication
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Yeah. Like I said, Motion Titles don't play by the rules.

You can work around that, sorta, by making the background completely transparent, moving the title up to track 3 and then laying black video (with 10% or so opacity) on the track between the title and the video that's appearing as your background.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby NFA Fabrication » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Yeah. Like I said, Motion Titles don't play by the rules.

You can work around that, sorta, by making the background completely transparent, moving the title up to track 3 and then laying black video (with 10% or so opacity) on the track between the title and the video that's appearing as your background.

Thanks for the reply! It somehow didn't show up before my second post on my PC. I will play around with what you mentioned, I am eager to learn, but basically started today. I knew the book was a must have after poking around online!
NFA Fabrication
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:01 pm

We like to think that the book, the tutorials and the Muvipix community work together to provide you well-rounded support.

If you get stuck, chances are someone in our Muvipix community can figure out a way to get you un-stuck!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby NFA Fabrication » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:18 am

I made a 1080P size black box in paintbrush, and used that to fix my problem for now! Thanks!
NFA Fabrication
New User
New User

Return to PRE version 2018