They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Lines of Flight

Talk about the advent of Drone photography and video.

Lines of Flight

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:09 am

I got a chance to get out over the weekend and start practicing some tracking, boom, and panning shots. So the action is a a bit longer on the panning shots.

I really like the morning light (golden hour) that gives such rich colors and shadows. The camera is pretty decent on the spark. As I was watching it fly I noticed that there was some wind and the aircraft was moving around. But, when I checked the video it was still really smooth. I am having a lot of fun flying this thing.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Lines of Flight

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:23 pm

Sidd, I envy your scenery as much as I envy your equipment and skills!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 pm

Very cool! I wonder if my wife would mind going without food for a couple of weeks so that I can get one of those. :-D
I agree with Steve. You have a great playground there.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Peru » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Dave McElderry wrote:Very cool! I wonder if my wife would mind going without food for a couple of weeks so that I can get one of those.

I tried that. It didn't work. :(
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Steve and Dave I appreciate your kind words.

I have to say that flying this thing is a whole lot of fun. I am always nervous that it will decide to fly away or drop but it is fun. I always try to get out early so that I am not disturbing anyone...and.... they are not disturbing me too.

I am really happy I got the drone I did. It is so small and easy to transport it feels like the aviation equivalent of having a small GoPro camera. If you have a desire to get one I would encourage you to see what makes sense try one out.

With the holiday weekend I am hoping that we can make a day trip so we can go somewhere and I can get some flying in. More to come.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:09 pm

Sidd, you were born to fly! Smooth shots all around. The camera does a good job changing exposure gradually at 2:33+. Love the morning light. :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:25 am

Thank you Mom.

I have to say that this little drone does most of the work. I am not a very confident flyer so I am still trying to get better. I am anxious to mix this in with some GoPro footage to see what that will look like. But I have to say I am really having a lot of fun so far.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Drones - Photo/Video