They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2018
Not quite sure what our site has to offer?
Check out the
Muvipix Video Tour

Deleting a finished project from hard drive

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Deleting a finished project from hard drive

Postby Carol Noblitt » Wed May 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Hooray! After working on my first project in PRE 15, it's finally finished. It's not perfect, but thanks to all the support and assistance from you guys, I edited and restored 13 years of 8mm movie film. It took almost an entire year, but the final version is adequate considering the 50-year old 8mm films suffered the wrath of Hurricane Katrina and were submerged under salt water for almost three days before being rescued.

Now, here's my question. What files/folders can I safely delete from my pc?

I burned the final version to a flash drive, but I would like to keep the finished project on my pc in the event I want to do additional editing to this project as I continue to use PRE and become more proficient and comfortable with the app.

Since the original source was 8mm files with no audio, I supplemented the films with scanned still pictures, music, narration, and a lot of storytelling using colored mattes and text to introduce each film, e.g., where, when, who, what, etc.

Can the scanned pictures, music, narration, auto-save files, re-save files, copy files and anything else I failed to mention be safely deleted without compromising the final version of the project? As stated above, I would like to retain the finished project files on my pc if I decide to do additional editing in the project files at a later date.

Simply stated, what can I delete/not delete to free up space on my pc but retain the final version of the project in tact?

As always, your guidance and expertise will be appreciated.
Carol Noblitt
New User
New User

Re: Deleting a finished project from hard drive

Postby Peru » Wed May 16, 2018 7:01 pm

You need to keep all of your media files (video, photos, etc.) if you wish to edit the project in the future.
Only the preview files can be deleted, as they will be recreated if needed.

You can delete the autosave files and old project files if you will not be using them.
Peru

Re: Deleting a finished project from hard drive

Postby Peru » Wed May 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Peru

Return to PRE Version 15