They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Instant Movies

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Instant Movies

Postby kenskopp » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:09 pm

Hello Steve,

I need guidance on what is best way to make an "Instant Movie". I am concerned about keeping photos in sequence I want. I have in past been selecting photos in PSE15 and selecting make "Instant Movie" through PSE15. In your book on pages 286-287, it indicates to start "Instant Movie from" PRE15 with photos in timeline. After I select photos in timeline, I select make "Instant Movie". I check "use all clips" and use "date & time". Is this the best way to insure my photos are in order I want?

Thank you for your input and I wish you and your family a merry Christmas.

Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Instant Movies

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:44 pm

InstantMovies are pretty automatic. In fact, too much so for my taste. And there's no guaranteeing the InstantMovie template won't re-arrange all of your clips.

I'd recommend you use Video Story instead. You'll find it under the Create button in the upper right.

You can also use the slideshow creator in the Organizer. Or the Slideshow Creator in the Project Assets panel.

It all depends on how much you want the program to do automatically and how much you want to maintain control.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kenskopp » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi Steve,

I just reviewed Chapter 22 on video story. If I make up three slide shows, do I put each in an individual chapter? I am unclear about the end when I publish video story. Do I just save the project that has the video story? On a recent project I had three separate groups of photos. I made up 3 instant movies added a movie menu and burned project to ISO file. Am I correct in saying I could make up three slide shows and include them in a video story. Then I add my video clips to the timeline and complete the project with a movie menu. Then I save the project for future use.

Ken
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:27 pm

You can do it any way you want, Ken. You don't need to use the individual chapters in Video Story. They're just there to help you tell your story. Just delete the chapters you don't want.

Or do each of your slideshows as a separate chapter.

When you're done, you can save your Video Story to your timeline and, if you want, modify it or add titles or whatever -- then just output it as a DVD!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kenskopp » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks Steve.
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 15