They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

My first project - Thanks!

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

My first project - Thanks!

Postby devinftp455 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi all,

Just completed my first project and wanted to give a big shout out to Steve Grisetti. Steve's tutorials are awesome and really got me going on Adobe Premier Elements 15... Thanks again.

If you want to see the video. See it below. Enjoy! Devin...

devinftp455
New User
New User

Re: My first project - Thanks!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Awesome vocals -- and a great video, Devin! Thanks for sharing it!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:45 am

Hi Devin,

Love the first attempt and love the vocals. Love the guitar segment and lick, wish there would have been a lot more of the guitar.

My daughter in law does cover videos on youtube as well as 1000's of other people. One thing about video, it can be interesting or it can be boring. Switching shots is very important, even if it is just a different angle. A little creative decorating in the studio would help also, give the viewer something to hold their attention. Just showing one angle of someone singing in a studio is, sorry, boring. Live performances are much easier to shoot, lots going on so plenty to keep the viewer interested. Studio shoots are extremely difficult in that respect unless there are a lot of musicians and cameras.

Not sure what the girl in the bikini had to do with anything, seems really out of place. The shot of the guitarist and vocalist should be at the end only, doesn't really fit anywhere else.

Add some additional footage and shoot the recording multiple times from various angles. Even shots of the vocalist walking in the woods, down a road or railroad track, something to keep the viewer interested in the video.

This is a really great start, keep learning and adding new types of footage. Best thing you can do is check out professional music videos online for ideas on how you can improve.

Thanks for posting, overall it was a really great first music video :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:53 pm

Good, constructive comments, Chuck. :-D

Singer has a good voice, Devin. =D>
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:15 pm

One thing that has always helped me is to watch a video that you like that is similar to the story you are trying to tell in your video. Watch it from a critical eye and see what cinematography it is that you like and then try to incorporate some of those shots into your video.

Music videos are always tough because the viewers are so accustomed to multi shot perspective and a story incorporated into the video that it is hard to emulate.

My only comment is that I did not understand the placement of the person in the swimsuit, and the lighting for the person playing the guitar was bit dark.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to PRE Version 15