They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Audio Hardware Toggle in Premiere Elements 15

Specific to Premiere Elements version 15

Audio Hardware Toggle in Premiere Elements 15

Postby bnutley » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:17 pm

I recently purchased Bose wireless (Bluetooth) (Quiet Comfort 35) headphones and planned to toggle between them and the computer speakers in developing my videos. This worked for a short while. Then the sound would not transfer from the speakers to the headphones, and the volume became stuck (at a high volume). I found the Audio hardware preference and, after rebooting, can select the headphones OR the speakers. I cannot get it to go back to having the speakers as the default and then transferring the sound to the headphones when they are turned on, and likewise return to the speakers when the headphones are turned off.

I am using Premiere Elements 15 with Windows 10. I am not using any microphone. The speaker/headphone toggle works everywhere else except with Premiere Elements.

Thanks for your help!
bnutley
New User
New User

Re: Audio Hardware Toggle in Premiere Elements 15

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:33 pm

I assume you're connecting through a Bluetooth receiving build into your computer and not a special dongle for these headphones? I also assume you've installed drivers for this device from the manufacturer's web site and not simply using the Windows 10 drivers?

I'm just not sure what to suggest. Even though you're apparently changing audio hardware preferences in Premiere Elements, this goes a bit beyond standard Premiere Elements usage. Maybe one of our high level Windows people has a suggestion -- or maybe you'll find someone here who actually uses the same Bose wireless headphones.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 15