They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

WavePad

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

WavePad

Postby Gerlinde » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:02 pm

I found this not long ago and really like it for sound editing:

(from the web site)
WavePad audio editing software is a sound editor program for Windows. This audio editing software lets you make and edit music, voice and other audio recordings. When editing audio you can cut, copy and paste parts of recordings and, if required, add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction. WavePad is a wav editor and MP3 editor, and supports a number of other file formats including vox, gsm, Real Audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and more.

WavePad is designed to be a very easy and intuitive to use audio editing package. Within minutes you will be able to open or record a file and edit it. But if you take time to explore the other features you will find many powerful tools designed with the professional sound engineer in mind.

here is the link:
http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/masters.html

Best of all.... it's free :-D
Gerlinde

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:31 pm

I used WavePad for years until they started putting all kinds of Adware along with the free version. I have come to love Audacity even more :) WavePad is a great program, just be sure to get rid of the junk that comes with it ;)

I even have a link to it in the VideoLinks section of chuckengels.com
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Gerlinde » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:40 pm

Hi Chuck :-D
I stumbled on it as I was looking for a program that would convert AMR sound files to wave format. Audacity could not open the files, I got an unknown file format message. I did not get any Adware with it. I just love it because it is so easy to use.
I used it also for cutting parts of a song to size for using in a video. It's much easier to do in wavepad than trying to get it to the right length in PE. They have also a sound recording utility for narration and a sound mixer. But I have not tried that yet.

I did a search for the program on the site here and over at the Adobe forum and it did not come up, I even looked at the chuckengels.com video links and did not see it :shock:
Gerlinde

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:56 am

It is here
http://www.chuckengels.com/videolinks.html
Under the topic 'Some Cool Freeware Tools' under Audacity.
The link takes you to CNet Downloads.

It could be that they got complaints and took the garbage out. I used Wavepad for years and loved it, maybe I will have to give it a try again.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tools