They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Encore DVD

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:52 am

Technically, CS stands for Creative Suite -- so it's not just one but a bundle of programs. One for video production; one for print production; one for web development.

But, as Chuck says, Adobe also uses it for the version number for the individual elements of the suite of programs.

In other words, you can buy InDesign CS3, Photoshop CS3, Illustrator CS3 and GoLive CS3 -- but all together they are known collectively as CS3, for Creative Suite 3.

Likewise, video production CS3 includes Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, SoundBooth and Encore, with its various levels offering some extras.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Stregga » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:06 pm

Thank you Chuck, and Steve. Again you taught me something new. I didn't realize that CS3 covered so many programs, however you still managed to answer my questions. I was initialy referring to PS, Premiere, & Encore CS3 collectivlely, but as you stated there are other programs in that suite. I don't think for what I do I would be interested in any of the other programs except for AE, though it appears that it will take some time to learn it. Which leads me to my final questions for this thread...maybe.

1. Should I continue to work with Premiere Elements, & Photoshop Elements, or is it worth just putting in the investment and getting the higher end CS3 version of those programs including Encore, which I am sure will offer more features.

2. If the higher end programs are worth it, do you guys still provide support for them?
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:31 pm

We always do what we can to help, but I just started using the Pro versions so I'm not sure how much help I can be for awhile. All of the stuff in the products section still works with Pro, keyframing is keyframing no matter what version you use so the articles and tutorials will still be of some help. The motion backgrounds are in AVI format so they will work with either also.
We are here to help as best we can, no matter what program you use ;)

If you can get your hands on Premiere Pro CS3 (which includes Encore CS3) for a reasonable price I would say do it. The current buzz is that there is a promotion going around where you can upgrade from Elements for $299, that is a great deal.

After Effects is another story.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:01 pm

Has anybody confirmed this upgrade-from-Elements-to-Pro for $299?

I'm not seeing information on it anywhere.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:04 pm

Yup, it is real. There are a couple of muvipix members that have taken advantage of the offer :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Stregga » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:08 pm

Thanks Chuck, I think I will go ahead an get my hands on Premiere Pro and Encore, already got PS CS3...wow it's got some neat stuff.
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Previous

Return to Tools