They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Separate Multiple Audio Tracks?

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Separate Multiple Audio Tracks?

Postby BAPACop » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:49 pm

I have a .ogv file with ten audio tracks: two for music and sound effects, two for English language dialog, and six for other languages (all stereo). In order to use them for what I need to, I need to be able to get the music/sound and English language audio tracks to remain, and throw out the other six. Playing the video in Windows Media Player plays all the tracks at once, and the video converters I have keep the music/sound tracks (which I assume are the first two) and lose the others.

I need to know if there is some program that can remove all the tracks from the video and convert them to separate .WAV or .MP3 files so I can then mix them and place them back with the video in my video editing program?
BAPACop
New User
New User

Re: Separate Multiple Audio Tracks?

Postby Bobby » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi BAPACop and Welcome to Muvipix - I think you will find we are a good bunch of guys here.

OGG Video, eh? I don't have much experience with that, sorry. Someone will come along. I did Google it and found quite a few entries but they seemed to be mostly Linux oriented. What are you running?
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby BAPACop » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:02 pm

My operating system is Windows XP Media Center, though I have access to Vista if necessary.
BAPACop
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Some of the more experienced members live on the West Coast and in the UK so hang in there.
I'm sure someone will be able to help you before long.

Welcome to Muvipix :meet:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Here is a site that provides player functionality in Windows Media Player
http://www.xiph.org/dshow/

It comes from a link in the Wiki site I referred you to at the Media College forum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg

At the bottom of that article is a list of a few places to check out, one of them is a Quicktime Add on to play the files in Quicktime and iMovie.
All worth checking out but I doubt there is going to be a really simple solution.

All in all this might take a little bit of work, research, and learning if you are up to it :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bobby » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:59 pm

I did Google around and found, for example,

http://philbull.livejournal.com/

but again it seems to be a Ubuntu Linux program, as the Ogg container and format being open standard seems to fit in with the Linux crowd. I don't see anything for Windows although I certainly did not do an exhaustive search.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby BAPACop » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:15 pm

The only Windows-compatible programs I could find would take all the tracks and put them in one audio file, I couldn't find any that would separate them into one file for each track.
BAPACop
New User
New User

Return to Tools