They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sound FX using Sony's Acid Express (free)

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Sound FX using Sony's Acid Express (free)

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:27 pm

A while back when I purchased an earlier version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio, Acid Express was part of the "bonus" software. The most recent version of SVMS didn't offer it, but it is still there for free and is up to version 7.

"ACID Xpress is a free, 10-track version of ACID software for music recording, editing and mixing. It's easy to use, even if you've never tried loop-based music creation before. Just pick some loops, paint them into a track and play them back. Any loops you choose work together because ACID Xpress matches the tempo and pitch automatically. When you're ready, publish your song to ACIDplanet.com." -- http://www.acidplanet.com/downloads/xpress/

This version 7 has inline midi editing which allows you to use the built-in midi keyboard to create music and sound effects. You don't even need to open a file.

1). Create a midi track: CTRL-ALT-Q
2). Enable inline midi editing: Q
3). Maximize track height by clicking the maximize button in the upper left corner of the track. That will reveal a portion of the midi-keyboard. You can also drag the bottom border of the track to heighten it. There is another midi keyboard down in the lower right of the screen, but you won't be using that for this.
4). Just below the red record button and mute button and solo button trio near the top in the track header is a button that says Piano 1. If you click on that, you will see a list with Sound Effects near the bottom of the list. Click on that item and you will see another list with various sound effects. You can use the draw tool and paint tool to draw/paint the notes in the grid.
5.) After you have created your masterpiece, you can render an MP3 or WMV or WAV or PCA: File > Render As. In the free version 7, there is a bitrate limit of 128 mbs for MP3.

That's all I've figured out so far.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Sound FX using Sony's Acid Express (free)

Postby Paul LS » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:07 pm

I have been using Acid for years... Sony Acid that is. Every week you can get a free "8 pack" with which you can build a library:
http://www.acidplanet.com/downloads/8packs/
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:19 pm

Paul LS wrote:I have been using Acid for years...

Do you still get flashbacks Paul? :dr:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Paul LS » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:58 am

These days life just flashes past... I wish it would flashback!!! :-D
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:01 pm

:CS:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tools