They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

SmartSound's SonicFire Pro 5 Is Ready

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

SmartSound's SonicFire Pro 5 Is Ready

Postby Bill Hunt » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Just got my update e-mail from SmartSound. Besides a "sale" on several of their SmartSound Library items, the free upgrade to SonicFire Pro 5 (if you are a registered user of SonicFire Pro 4.x) is not available. I just downloaded it and installed it on both of my machines with SFP4.5. There are some interesting new items, that I am just starting to learn and explore.

If you have SFP4.x, go to www.smartsound.com and from the Products tab, choose upgrade. It takes a few moments to download and then install. I've kept SFP 4.5 on the machines for now, while I learn the differences with 5.0. There are two levels of SFP 5.0. The base program will now be available with SmartSound Library orders, but the full version will cost about US$149. If you have SFP4.x, the full-tilt boogie program is free!

I do not know what will get upgraded, with regards to the Premiere (Pro & Elements), or the Pinnacle, Magix or other NLE, plug-ins. Only time will tell.

If you have not experienced SFP, do yourself a favor and download the trial. The potential for its use for AV scoring is limitless.

Even though I only saw a need for 4 of the six "sale" discs, I went ahead and bought the full package. Even at the "sale" price, if you buy 5, you get the sixth one free. I cannot imagine using music from one of these, but 4.5 of the discs had real potential, based on previous, or current Projects on my machine.

The discs are not cheap, but SmartSound has a habit of doing "sales." Usually, in October, they put a lot of material out with special pricing. I usually try to budget a couple hundred dollars for these October sales. Hey, you can never have too much totally flexible music scoring at your disposal.

Plus, I've been a happy user, since SFP2 and have had QuickTracks (the NLE plug-in) for many years in every NLE program that I use. Note: SFP is NOT a plug-in, but a stand-alone program. However, it will Import video, so you can watch, as you score, then Export your WAV, or AIFF, for Import into Premiere, or whatever. If you have not experienced this, now is the time. Do the trial. Also, the customer support and tech support are great!

If you do upgrade, be sure to check out the tutorials for the new product on the SmartSound Web site. Even if you do not upgrade, check 'em out, 'cause they're well done and will give you ideas.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Tools