They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

"Animated" transitions

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

"Animated" transitions

Postby Sam I Am » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:34 pm

Can anyone offer any insight as to where I can find some fun, animated transitions that can be plugged into PE3? Some that I have recently seen were things like a vault door opening, a monster hand grabbing the picture and taking it away, a laser gun that wiped out the picture. These were so cool and would be lots of fun in some kid videos. The vault door and also one that had paper money showering down and wiping out the picture would be nice transitions for my work videos. Can anyone offer suggestions where these kinds of transitions can be obtained and if they can be plugged into PE3? Thanks so much!!
Sam I Am
New User
New User

Re: "Animated" transitions

Postby jackfalbey » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:14 pm

I'm not sure about the specific ones you mentioned, but this website has some great free transitions:

http://www.burgers-transition-site.de/
ASRock Z77 Pro4, Xeon E3-1230 V2, Windows 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB GTX 660 ti, 240GB SSD for OS/programs, 3x640GB in RAID0 for projects
Panasonic GH2; Adobe Creative Cloud
http://www.CMDStar.com
http://www.FamilyTreePhotography.co
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Sam I Am » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:56 pm

Thanks for the info. That's got some pretty cool transitions. By the way, cute baby!!!
Sam I Am
New User
New User

Postby Ken Jarstad » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:32 pm

Some of those transistions will cause PrEl to fail. Can't remember now exactly how. But I think it is the same for all versions. Here are the ones that work in my en_us folder:

01, 06, 10, 11, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24

HTH
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:39 pm

You can do some pretty nice transitions of your own using the Gradient Wipe, there is a pack of images you can use in the Products/Complimentary section.
They will give you an idea of what else might be possible. Steve has a couple of articles about transitions, including the Gradient Wipe and how to use it.
If you are a subscriber they are free :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 pm

I went looking for more transitions and effects that would be entertaining for children, but couldn't find anything. I did find a nice package of effects and transitions for $39. The SpiceMaster 2.5 TFX:

http://www.pixelan.com/sm25/intro.htm
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:11 pm

Robert:
Good find!
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Sam I Am » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:32 pm

I was going through the video backgrounds that are offered under products here at Muvipix and there are several there that have exactly the kind of effects that I am looking for as a transition. The heart one, as it turns it transitions between a silouette of a woman into one of a man if it could be manipulated to transiton between to pictures rather than the man and the woman to be used as a transition. Also either of the hockey ones would work, when the puck hits as it clears the new picture would be there. The tricycle one is also exactly what I am looking for, if the little boy on the tricycle could pull in the new picture. Is there a way of using these backgrounds in that manner or are you aware of any place that I can get transitions lke that? I haven't gotten to the gradient tutorial from Steve. I am going to do that next but I got really excited seeing the backgrounds in hopes that they could be used as a transition. Please advise and thanks so much for all of the help so far.
Sam I Am
New User
New User

Return to Tools