They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Building & Burning ISO Files

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Building & Burning ISO Files

Postby Checkmate » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:00 pm

One of the drawbacks I'm finding with Premiere Elements 4 is that I can't create a VIDEO_TS folder, then burn it to disc, without going through the lengthy encoding process again. I prefer to create the VIDEO_TS folder so I can check the encoding on a PC DVD Player before burning.

For this reason I'm using ImgBurn - a fully functioning, and free program, although you can make a voluntary donation if you want to. This is the ongoing development of the burn engine originally used in DVD Decrypter.

It has various modes of operation, but the two I use are:

BUILD
This mode builds an ISO file from the VIDEO_TS folder, plus any other folders you want to include - a slideshow to run on a PC for example,

BURN
This mode burns the ISO file to disc. There are various options you can set, but I tend to use the defaults, but drop the burn speed down to 4x.

Here are the links:

Main site: http://www.imgburn.com/

User Forum: http://forum.imgburn.com/

Just like to add that I'm in no way connected with the software - just a very satisfied user :)
Regards, John
Checkmate

Re: Building & Burning ISO Files

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:18 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, Check. But it's easier than that, but you shouldn't have to transcode again after creating your VIDEO_TS folder. It should be as simple as burning that folder to a DVD. No re-encoding necessary, if you're just doing a simple burn function of running it through your burner software as a DVD project.
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbfa615
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:28 pm

Steve, I think any burning software, including Nero, will create the ISO file from the Video_TS folder.
I am not sure if it would be called encoding or transcoding though. This is a very nice Free version of DVD Burning Software, thanks for sharing John :)
Best of all it helps you control the burn speed!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Checkmate » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:53 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Thanks for the recommendation, Check. But it's easier than that, but you shouldn't have to transcode again after creating your VIDEO_TS folder. It should be as simple as burning that folder to a DVD. No re-encoding necessary, if you're just doing a simple burn function of running it through your burner software as a DVD project.
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbfa615

Thanks for the comments Steve. Sorry, I should have said I only need to go through the lengthy encoding process again if I want to burn in PE4. The only other burning software I have installed is the Roxio 5 Disc Copier, and I don't really want to update that now.
Regards, John
Checkmate

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:43 pm

Well, part of the point of burning to a folder on your hard drive rather than directly to a DVD disk is that it allows you to test the DVD files and, if you're satisfied with them, easily burn off copies of these files on disk in about 10 minutes. I guess i thought that was what you were asking about.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Checkmate » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:54 am

Checkmate wrote:BUILD
This mode builds an ISO file from the VIDEO_TS folder, plus any other folders you want to include - a slideshow to run on a PC for example.

Oops! :oops: Just discovered that you can switch the Build mode to Device Output and burn the folder straight to DVD.
Regards, John
Checkmate

Return to Tools