They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sqirlz Water Reflections

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Postby happy2bapappy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:09 am

Success......basically :-D

....so prior to Chuck posting his help, Ed I did just as you said, basically left everything as is.

So naturally, I'm resultant with one second of clip that moves rather fast (which makes complete sense)

I just placed the same one second on the time line a few times, rendered it, and it works just fine. Except of course, that it moves rather fast.

So I time stretched it to my will.

In essence, bringing it to the settings that you posted Chuck. I'm going to play around with it a bit more though, because if it takes so darn long to produce 5 seconds with squirlz at 30 frames per second, I think I'd rather tinker with it on the PE timeline instead.

I'm really happy to have a level of success though! :hello1:
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:16 am

Glad you got it working John :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ed » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:20 am

I adjusted the flow and the speed in the squirlz application. Can't tell you how, I basically just moved the sliders around until I liked it.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:56 am

nice job Ed, Looks Great!
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:03 am

ed wrote:I basically just moved the sliders around until I liked it.

I think that is the best way to do it :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby William Tranter » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:08 am

I like the effect, and I'll be sure to use it in a future video. The only thing I'm not entirely sure about, is when setting the parameters for basic ripples (the 3 blue wavy lines along the top of the window in Sqirlz).
There is a big yellow arrow and 'Run Basic Ripples Only'. Even if I select a different motion type, the finished program comes up 'Basic Ripples Only' during the Save procedure.
How do I get away from Basic Ripples Only? In fact, what are the 'other' ripples? The little tutorials don't mention this setting at all!
Still, even if I don't change anything but the Wave Strength, separation, contrast and perspective, I'll be a happy bunny - the effect is just so good.
All the best,
Bill :)
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:39 pm

Bill, Next to the yellow arrow, on the left side, is a big red Y. This will toggle the option window for the three types of ripples, Basic, Ring, and Snow/Rain.

Left of the Y are the three various ripple settings.

Does that help?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby William Tranter » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:08 pm

Sorry Chuck, no it doesn't! The yellow arrow I am referring to comes up in the window which appears when you click on the three blue wavy lines - "Set Parameters For Basic Ripples". I've played around with rain and droplet rings, but this window isn't the problem - it's after I set the parameters for basic ripples, and where I can adjust motion type, wave strength, separation, contrast, perspective, blur, texture, transparency and underwater scene rippling (haven't yet tried these last two effects yet because all my watery scenes are huge lakes!).
When I've set the above parameters, and click on 'AVI' to output the clip (as it is now, rather than a single picture), a warning window appears saying "The animation you are about to save has the following combination selected: basic ripples only", together with an OK or Cancel button.
The clip appears to work OK, but has anyone yet found this warning panel say anything else?
As I'm writing this post, I'm playing around with Sqirlz, and I've just found that if I select the red Y (giving me a choice of basic ripples, ring ripples, rain/snow only, rain/snow and basic ripples, or rain/snow and ring ripples - phew!) the above warning panel changes to show my selection.
Perhaps the 'basic ripples only' warning panel refers to just water ripples, and tells me that I haven't selected anything else, which I obviously know!
Perhaps I'm just being awkward, but I would have thought that this warning panel isn't really necessary!
Anyway, it's still a brilliant effect, and something which Adobe should consider incorporating within their next generation of Premiere Elements, together with "Shine" and, perhaps, some of those wonderful Burger transitions!
Many thanks,
Bill
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:56 pm

The icon with the Y will let you select other ripple options, if you only have the basic ripple selected you will always get the warning. If you press the icon with the Y you can select other ripple options.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Tools