They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Lenses

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Lenses

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:20 am

This video review shows things to look for in lens quality, such as looking specifically for chromatic aberration and what that looks like. In this example the aberration shows as purple fringing. In some lenses it can be cyan and/or magenta. In addition, he shows what barrel distortion looks like. Pincushion is exactly the opposite, and he show what an image with soft corners looks like.

The reviewer also points out some difficulties in using this particular lens due to a somewhat less than smooth glide during zoom and why having variable aperture can be a problem.

For anyone who doesn't have a lot of experience with lenses, I think this video could be an eye opener.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73thfbZIDuc[/youtube]
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Lenses

Postby momoffduty » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks for posting the link Patrice. I've watched a few of his videos when I was deciding on a recent lens purchase. His reviews are very informative.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Tools