They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Topaz Labs - Cool Stuff !!

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Re: Topaz Labs - Cool Stuff !!

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue May 13, 2014 10:13 am

Our next promotion is Topaz Clean, which will be 50% off from May 8 - May 31 with coupon code "mayclean"

Clean has three main controls:

* Smoothness: smoothes the surfaces of your photo. Useful for removing blemishes from skin, removing dust + noise, creating a "flatter" texture, and more.
* Edges: smoothly enhances edges with a unique process that looks "vectorized". This creates smooth and well-defined lines in your photo that work great on image features like hair and eyelashes.
* Texture: recovers and refines original detail in your image to keep it looking natural. For example, re-introduce original skin texture in your portraits to prevent your post-processing from looking too overdone or "plastic".

Topaz Clean is a great value: it's originally $29.99 but we're dropping it to just $14.99 for this promotion.

Topaz Labs Clean
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby AllieB » Wed May 14, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks for the hint. I just installed Topaz clean and it looks nice.
AllieB
Greetings from Portugal
AllieB

Location: Patroves, in the south of Portugal but born in the Netherlands

Postby Bob » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:58 am

Topaz Labs has released ReMask 4. As always, it is a free upgrade if you purchased an earlier version. If you don't already have ReMask, it's $69.99 but there is a coupon discount until July 31 and you can get it for $34.99.

This release improves the user interface and brings it in line with the other Topaz Labs plugins. While the names and organization of the tools is different from the previous version, I had no problem adjusting to the changes. On the plus side, it can now show the transparent areas using the familiar checkerboard convention that we are used to from Photoshop and other programs. But, you can still choose to use a background color if you wish. I haven't done a lot with it yet, but seems to be a little more responsive. And, it installed into Photoshop CC 2014 without any problems.
Bob

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:47 am

Thanks, Bob. That's the one I've been waiting for!
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Topaz Labs has released a minor update to Topaz Adjust. As always, the upgrade is free to existing users. If you don't have Topaz Adjust, there is a sale through the end of August. You can get it for $25 -- That's 50% off. See this link for details and the coupon code.

Also, 20 additional presets were made available as a free download with the new Adjust 5.1 retro toning tutorial. These presets are for the updated version and won't load into the previous version.
Bob

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:25 pm

I hate to admit it.

This tutorial makes me begin to think about considering, well maybe begin to think about considering... aggh! I hate to say it! ... signing up for Adobe's blasted Creative Cloud version of Photoshop since it is now possible to take video footage into Adobe Camera RAW.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btbO75wR9SU[/youtube]
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:46 pm

I haven't watched it all yet, but thanks for that great tutorial. :TU: All of the other ones I've found were for version 3 and were harder to follow.
Peru

Postby Bob » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Topaz Labs has released ReMask 5. It is a free upgrade if you purchased an earlier version. If you don't already have ReMask, it's $69.99 but there is a coupon discount until September 18 and you can get it for $49.99.

ReMask 5 has new features. The biggest one being that it can run as a standalone application. Of course, you can still run it as a plugin within Photoshop like you always have. For Lightroom users, you can now access Remask 5 as an external editor and the installer will automatically set that up for you. Remask 5 now allows you to replace and edit the background of your masked image without leaving the program. Remask 5 also supports
High DPI (4k) monitors in Windows 7/8/10.
Bob

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:06 am

Thanks for the info, Bob!

Topaz has a program that is supposed to focus the out of focus. Have you tried it?
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:34 am

InFocus works pretty well, saves a lot of time tweeking in Photoshop and I think it does a better job than I can do myself most of the time. See the samples;

http://www.topazlabs.com/infocus
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:45 pm

_Paz_ wrote:Topaz has a program that is supposed to focus the out of focus. Have you tried it?

Here is a "before" and "after" where I used Topaz Infocus. viewtopic.php?f=88&t=11115&p=97563&hilit=Topaz#p97563

Don't expect to correct photos that are way out of focus. The photo can be only slightly out of focus. I used a lot of trial and error, after which I had to read the instructions again a few times. Of course, you might be better skilled at using Infocus than I am.

RJ Johnston
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Topaz has a program that is supposed to focus the out of focus. Have you tried it?

It's called InFocus and I do have it. I bought it at the introductory price when the plugin was first released. It's intended to correct small defects and it does a good job at that. But, don't expect miracles -- I don't know of anything that will correct a photo that is very out of focus.

The normal sharpening workflow for digital images is 1) input/capture sharpening to take care of the softness that digital photos have due to the sensor anti-alias and Bayer filters and lens issues, 2) creative sharpening to enhance details such as eyes in a portrait, and 3) output sharpening. Infocus makes a great capture sharpening tool.

Edit: Sorry, I had to leave for a while. I'm back now.

I have to confess that I don't use InFocus much anymore. When I bought it, I was just using Photoshop and it was reasonable to use it as a general capture sharpening tool. Now, I've moved into a LightRoom workflow using raw files for general photography and don't take everything into Photoshop. I also try to use non-destructive edits using the original raw file as long as possible and avoid a process step that generates a separate jpg or tiff until it's necessary. I do use it in Photoshop from time to time on selected images.
Bob

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:33 pm

Just an FYI.

Topaz Labs is now offering their Black Friday discount code on the complete photography collection (includes all 17 of their plugins). From November 25 through November 30, the collection is 50% off. If you've been thinking of getting this bundle, this is a good time to do it.

If you have an older collection and want to upgrade to the current complete collection, you can apply the 50% discount code to your upgrade price.
Bob

Postby Ron » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:33 am

:tup:
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Tools