They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Howto create running time and score to soccer game video?

Specific to Premiere Elements version 14

Howto create running time and score to soccer game video?

Postby Nahkatukka » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:58 pm

I film a lot my sons soccer games and it would be great to add running time and score to video if only I knew how?
Nahkatukka
New User
New User

Re: Howto create running time and score to soccer game video

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Welcome to Muvipix :wcm:

Are you very good with Photoshop? You could easily create a Photoshop file with an editable score and add that as a overlay in your video project.
Adding a running time on the other hand is a little more difficult depending on what you are looking to accomplish. Do you record the entire game without breaks?
How would you compensate for times when the game clock is not running? That would be my main concern, trying to match the game clock somehow.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:40 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:How would you compensate for times when the game clock is not running? That would be my main concern, trying to match the game clock somehow.

That may not actually be a problem in soccer as it has always been played with a running clock.
vkmast

Postby MrGrunthunter » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:53 pm

But the clock stops at the quarter and halves and I think even for the water breaks for the younger players.
Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Instld RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0
MrGrunthunter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby GerryB » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:00 am

Good morning all,

OK, back in my Elements days I had the same problem, different sport. So here is how I went about the score;

I created a title and set it up "Home 00 - 00 Away" and saved it as "Score 00-00". I then applied it to the time line and stretched its length to the time of the first score from kick off.
I then made a duplicate of the "Score 00-00" and called it, say, 'Score 05-00", this keeps all the score titles in a nice tidy order in the Assets panel. (Is that what they call it now?)
I edited it and changed the score on the screen to, say, "Home 05 - 00 Away".
I dragged it to the time line and stretched it to the time of the next score.
Repeat for future scores.
Job done.

Now making a clock is a bit more laborious.
In a new project create a title of 1 second duration, set the font and size to suit your style and the first text entry will be ": 00", call the title, say "00sec".
Drag down on to the time line.
Make a duplicate of the "00sec' title and change the text to ": 00" and save as "01sec".
Drag down on to the timeline.
Repeat until you reach ": 59"

Now save the complete 60 sec video on the timeline as, say, an .avi file and call it "59sec".

Now build up minutes 'blocks' using the same process, "00 ", "01 ", "02 " titles and add the seconds file, to Video 2 on the timeline, to create the whole sequence, "00 : 00" and then save your file for the complete duration you require. I only went to "59 : 59" as the clock is reset at halftime.
Once you have created the file, you may have taken several attempts to suit your approach to the job, go and lie down in a darkened room to recover!!
This file can be reused in all future game videos.

Back to theme video.
Now applying your composite time file to you game video is just a few steps.
Import and drag the time video on to the timeline, Video 2, positioning the start at the point the referee blows for kick off.
Cut the time video when the referee blows for halftime or time.
From the effects panel apply the CROP effect.
In the Video 2 settings panel adjust the left, right, top and bottom margins to just show the timer display.
Then in the Video 2 settings adjust the position of the clock display to, say top left corner.
Then adjust the size of the display to match you style.
Job done.

Others may have a different 'twist' on how to create the time clock but then that is the beauty of Muvipix, everyone pitches in to help.

Gerry
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:18 am

FWIW, CyberLink PowerDirector has a Time Stamp feature that will do pretty much exactly what you want to do. It might be worth downloading the free trial and seeing if it meets your needs.

You could potentially edit your movie in Premiere Elements, then send it to PowerDirector to add the Time Stamp.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:39 am

Welcome to Muvipix! :wcm: Sounds like a lot of work! Thanks Gerry for the step by step :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Nahkatukka » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi!
And thanks for your all replys.
In Finland with Boys 13yrs time for normal series game is 2x30min and clock doesn't stop until period is over. So maby I'll try Gerrys idea when I got some time in my hands.
But also I need 2x20min games for the tournaments like yesterday and today my younger boy had 5 matches and they got 4th place.

Also my oldest boy 16yrs plays and they have 2x40min matches so that takes 80min building 'blocks'

I think I'll also try Steve Grisettis Cyberlink PowerDirector that sounds that it's going to save some time with the clock.

Thanks guys again. I'll come to tell you how it went.
Nahkatukka
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:28 pm

DVDAte may work for your time needs. It is free and creates a time overlay, worth looking at.

http://paul.glagla.free.fr/dvdate_en.htm

http://paul.glagla.free.fr/dvdate_en_incruster.htm
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:40 pm

NewBlueFX also has a time clock plug in that is pretty cool, check this out. Anyone tried this with Premiere Elements? Says it requires the pro versions of Sony, Avid, Apple or Adobe but it might work with Premiere Elements too.

https://www.newbluefx.com/plugins/time- ... 3-ultimate

https://www.newbluefx.com/products/elements

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slns9XiI05o[/youtube]

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Nahkatukka » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:NewBlueFX also has a time clock plug in that is pretty cool, check this out. Anyone tried this with Premiere Elements? Says it requires the pro versions of Sony, Avid, Apple or Adobe but it might work with Premiere Elements too.

https://www.newbluefx.com/plugins/time- ... 3-ultimate

https://www.newbluefx.com/products/elements

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slns9XiI05o[/youtube]

Downloaded newbluefx elements trial and seems that it doesn't work with premiere elements, at least from fx panel there is no time clock available.
I also have sony movie studio platinum 13 in my pc and seems that newbluefx time clock is working and it's very simple and fun to use but I really don't want to use that with sony movie studio because it takes a heck of long time to render no matter what settings I use. It's because of my new machine graphics card (Asus nvidia geforce GTX980 DDR5 6GB) don't work properly with sonys cuda settings and that is the main reason that I swiched to premiere elements in the first place.
So I have to figure something else.
Nahkatukka
New User
New User

Postby vkmast » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:46 pm

@Nahkis,
even though you don't like MSPlatinum 13*, you might just try and maybe modify Timecode FX there. Pretty simple if not as pretty as a specific plug-in. Doesn't PRE have something similar?

*) Try with GPU acc. off (I know you'd like to use your GPU :)).
GPU acceleration (in Vegas/Movie Studio) explained but you probably knew that already.
vkmast

Return to PRE Version 14