They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Export & Share

Specific to Premiere Elements version 14

Export & Share

Postby Photochief » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:28 am

Hi to all,
I have a video file that is about 3 minutes and 2 seconds and would like to attach it to an e-mail to a friend but cannot figure out how to reduce it to an acceptable size.
Is it even possible using the Export & Share module to do this? There are so many options and all the combinations I have tried produce files in excess of 220 MB which my ISP will not accept.
Am I going about this all wrong, is there a better way? All I want to do is send a short video to a friend without having to revert it to an ISO, put on a DVD and mail. Thanks for any help.
Respectfully, Photochief
Photochief

Re: Export & Share

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:30 am

You probably won't be able to reduce a video to a size small enough to e-mail.

Usually the best solution is to post the video online (you can even set it up for private viewing on Vimeo or YouTube) and then e-mail a link to it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby MrGrunthunter » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:55 am

That's how I initially got into posting videos on YouTube. My local provider (Bright House) limits file size to only 20mb. I haven't had much success in posting videos on YouTube in the 'PRIVATE' classification so I'll post them as 'UNLISTED' and that has worked out fine for me. If it's 'UNLISTED' it won't be visible to any search engines but if anyone has the web link to it they'll be able to view it. The 'PRIVATE' category is a LOT more restrictive and when I have tried sending those links even my personal recipients haven't been able to view them, hence now I use UNLISTED.
Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Instld RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0
MrGrunthunter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:19 am

MrGrunthunter wrote:That's how I initially got into posting videos on YouTube. My local provider (Bright House) limits file size to only 20mb. I haven't had much success in posting videos on YouTube in the 'PRIVATE' classification so I'll post them as 'UNLISTED' and that has worked out fine for me. If it's 'UNLISTED' it won't be visible to any search engines but if anyone has the web link to it they'll be able to view it. The 'PRIVATE' category is a LOT more restrictive and when I have tried sending those links even my personal recipients haven't been able to view them, hence now I use UNLISTED.

Good info!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Photochief » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi,
Thanks to all that replied.
I didn't realize that I couldn't just attach a file to an e-mail and send it off. I send a lot of photo images that way, of course a video is 10+ times the size of most jpg's.
I don't know what my provider's limits are but they are obviously less that 200 MB.
The solution to my problem is a lot more trouble than I want to learn how to do so I'll just make a DVD and drop it in the mail. Much easier.
Thanks again for all the assistance. You guys are great!
Respectfully, Photochief
Photochief

Return to PRE Version 14